Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Customs US

Well I have been ordering high powered lasers online for almost 2 years now, and I have never had a problem with customs. But my latest laser, a 30mw DX ultrafire got seized! I received an almost empty box, with the exception of a battery, and a little instruction pamphlet sent from DX.

I am going to be purchasing the 250mw laser from blazelasers.com to do a review from them, and was wondering about something.

If they send the laser in the box with no hint that it rates over 5mw, will customs take it out, and test the laser to see? Or will they just look at the box/manual for clues? Because my DX clearly said "30mw" on the box, and all over the pamphlet thing. So what i was wondering is if blazelasers send the laser completely marked down at 5mw, but its actually 250mw, will customs take it out, pop in the battery, and shine it at the wall or at a meter or something? Because if they press the on button, they will see that this thing clearly does not belong in hawaii.

Razako

When the box looks like this what do you expect? The blazelaser should be fine.
sku_7886_7.jpg

from a post i read over at PL, customs is now inspecting invoices and company names for the word "laser" so if it has that anywhere they are likely to get pulled now - my box i just got from WL (ordered some goggles) was from "Energy Technology Limited" containing "sunglasses" :p

Razako

All of my dx lasers come labeled as either "light Pens" "DIY PARTS AND TOOLS" or "LED KEYCHAIN LIGHTS" My wicked Pulsar came labeled as a "ball pen" lol ;D

It really annoys me. Doesn't customs have more important things to crack down on?

Ahh so if it gets pulled, will they whip out a power meter and test it? Or will they just look at the packaging?

Also, I believe that all of their lasers are FDA approved, so like they have a key ignition thing and some safety features. Will this automatically let it through? I hope it does, because I really dont want a 570 dollar laser to get seized by customs.

Razako

If the laser has the FDA approved 5 point safety system is should make it through no problem.
dongle
key
shutter
delay
indicator light

B

Benny_Hill

Is it just me or do all these new (also lowered price) lasers seem to look alike? Im getting the feeling that all of the good stuff is marketed as blaze or some other sites that I have come across. I think the whole point of dx now a days (built rep.) is sending out the lower end junk. Not to say they are bad, many people are happy with their stuff, but most complain about beam specs and mode switching. Am I the only one who sees this trend? It seems to have gotten a bit worse over the past few weeks I just hope they dont pump out a bunch of really substandard stuff and dissappear :-/ Im currently on my second month of waiting, and updates of how my order is still waiting to fill. I order a couple of different things instead of a new camera, and am starting to get worried. I hate spending the money and getting stiffed for so long. :'( I spent the rest of my money on a couple of ps3 sleds from psxboy, and they got here today! The wonderful part is I ordered them Monday :D

DX is different then the companies that sold the CNI and CNI lookalikes.

Also, does the laser have to have a 3 second delay? Im fine with all the other features but that one just ticks me off....

Razako

laserterd said:
DX is different then the companies that sold the CNI and CNI lookalikes.

Also, does the laser have to have a 3 second delay? Im fine with all the other features but that one just ticks me off....
You should contact blazelasers and ask about it.

Yeah they do not have the three second delay, thats a relief. Also, idk if youve noticed but theres a banner ad advertising all over this forum for blaze lasers! looks cool.

Razako

The red 300mw looks really nice except for the 6mm beam diameter.

The thing that worries me are the pictures...

thumb_redlaser_small.jpg

Theyve got the same kind of image as WL had about a year ago... the black background with a red circle in the middle, or green for the green lasers.

Not sure if that matters at all, im pretty sure they are not WL. Just saying, its a bit suspicous.

Pretty sure they aren't wicked... i mean the prices are in the realms of reasonable, so it can't be them! XD

Razako, dont they have adjustable focus or smth.? I'd love 6mm beam for pointing personally

hehehe of course. I guess they just got the picture on some website that makes that, or some photoshop template or something.

Reading that customs thing is disturbing, i hope my x125 doesn't get seized, i know they have a guarantee about delivery but what about RMA's?

so what do i do about nova lasers? I want to order my x75 but if the package is seized, will i be reimbursed or am i SOL?