Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Customs Laser Confiscations

I have been reading more and more about people get their lasers confiscated by customs. I think it might be a good idea for us to keep track of the occurance of these incidents. If you would like to add to this information pool please include:

Your country:
Date of confiscation:
Quantity/power of lasers:

USA
January 2009
154/5mW

Hmmm... IDK....

What you don't want to do is put all that info into one pile...
so the man doesn't need to do all the work putting LPF Member's
User Names to actual incidences with dates....
so that he can keep a closer eye on you in the furure..... :whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:
Bummer, I guess I will have to continue to investigate you all 1 by 1......muahahaha.
Good point Laserbee.

Hmmm... IDK....

What you don't want to do is put all that info into one pile...
so the man doesn't need to do all the work putting LPF Member's
User Names to actual incidences with dates....
so that he can keep a closer eye on you in the furure..... :whistle:

Jerry

DJNY

should i have to be anxious or it is just the normal way?

"Your item was handed over to Customs(REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA)"

Edit: i think i must wait till next week, and not panic :)
but i´ve a bad feeling.....

Last edited:
GOOD NEWS!!!!! BOBlasers sent me a copy of the FDA approval letter they received for their 5mW laser pointers (the same I ordered) I sent the document over to the FDA and they have lifted the FDA hold on the entry "your entry is released as of 1-15-10" So I called up DHL. They have seen the FDA lift, they are going to try and get the package but now they are going o have to figure out why there is a customs hold still in effect. This is what I find odd because I faxed them a copy of my DL and my SSC. I also paid for the import fees and DHL broker fees. I think that they will release their hold when they get conformation that the FDA has released theirs. In any case I am very excited as I thought this day would never come and it is starting to look like it may.

I have just one question....what where/are you planning on doing with 154 5mW green lasers?

Yes that is good news....I'm glad to hear that it's going to work out.

Well I was planning on selling them on ebay in triple sets. I had much success doing so in the past. The reason it took so long is because the lasers had not been approved by the fda before they were entered into commerce. If the same thing were to happen to someone now it would only take a week to get through.

The sad thing now Yob, is that these companies are now selling directly on eBay, so the price you will get for them is much less if you decide to still sell.

I know it. That is the real kicker, I can probably sell them for just what I paid and end up losing money on the deal. At least this is better than losing all the money. Violet laser prices have plumeted in the last year.

That's what I thought too. The answer is Yes but only if they are FDA approved. Meaning the FDA requires a sample unit to test and assign an ascension number. Boblasers recently got back their assigned numbers.