Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom side push button polished 445 FS >500mW

I'm going to sell this laser to fund some anodizing equipment, so here she is!

98c8922a.jpg

Its the one on the right, it had a microboost, but I wasn't getting the power I thought I should so I switched to a flex with the pot set to 1A. However, I don't think this diode is as efficient as the others because it's not as bright as the one on the left with a boost drive set to 1A. Its still plenty strong, it burns white paper, cuts matches in half, yadda yadda yadda... Not quite 1W though, I can't really place it so I'll just call it >500mw :D

It is a solid aluminum host I custom made. There will only be about 8 of these hosts in circulation, assuming I let the other 4 or so I have here go. There is plenty of heatsink capacity, and I have ran this laser over a minute with a very slight increase in the temperature of the head.

This laser uses a standard 18650 battery, you might be able to get away with an unprotected 18650, but I trimmed the spring for a protected battery, so I suggest you use a protected battery as well.

Its fully focusable and uses a glass 445 aixiz lens.

So, price! I'm asking for $275, but I'm being hopeful. I'll be taking offers till Sunday and I'll accept the highest offer then . The first $275 takes it though!

I only take Google checkout, NO paypal.

Thanks for looking!

You know, I'm going to have to build/buy a laser with one of your hosts someday. Shiny.... :drool:

Very sweet! What are the dimensions ? I think the photo makes it look bigger than it really is.

It is 1" round by 5 1/4" tall. It is almost half the size of the arctic. :D

This is just a thought, but maybe you should consider using Paypal. Anybody who is buying stuff on this forum is practically guaranteed to have a PP account. They are used to how it works, it is mind bogglingly simple, and they trust it.

To be honest even if this was a item I really wanted to purchase and everything from the price to the host was perfect for me, I wouldn't want to use google checkout to make the payment.

This is just a thought, but maybe you should consider using Paypal. Anybody who is buying stuff on this forum is practically guaranteed to have a PP account. They are used to how it works, it is mind bogglingly simple, and they trust it.

To be honest even if this was a item I really wanted to purchase and everything from the price to the host was perfect for me, I wouldn't want to use google checkout to make the payment.

If you are saying I am not to be trusted or something I think you need to check again.

Its been proven time and time again that paypal offers no protection when buying items like this off a forum, so whats the difference between paypal and google checkout?

And Robjdixon is right, I couldn't take paypal if I wanted, not that I want to ;)