Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

custom painted xbox 360 controller

i took apart my xbox 360 controller and painted it, tell me what you think!

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrSkzUPOu6A

pictures:

S1051042.jpg

S1051041.jpg

S1051043.jpg

my setup:
S1051029.jpg

the paint:
S1051024.jpg

then after playin 3 hours of hardcore cod4... it starts to chip off...lol... like i said... my parents would kill me bfore i did that to mine

Let's hope you got some good clear coat =P

I don't see the point of painting controllers, I'm one of those weird people that watches the screen while I play, haha.

VillageIdiot said:
Let's hope you got some good clear coat =P

I don't see the point of painting controllers, I'm one of those weird people that watches the screen while I play, haha.

i know some people that have used the clear coat that i used and it works well, i painted it because i got bored of the plain white, it looks ugly just white

laserlover said:
[quote author=VillageIdiot link=1220298605/0#2 date=1220313520]Let's hope you got some good clear coat =P

i know some people that have used the clear coat that i used and it works well, i painted it because i got bored of the plain white, it looks ugly just white[/quote]

I think it looks sexy and sleek in white but to each his own.

yep, people will always have different opinions, as long as it makes you happy ;D

i think you did a very good job for a first time

i have never done this (well, i've actually worked with spray paint but not on xbox 360 ctrls :p), but some constructive criticism: if you draw better black lines IMO the ctrl would look sharper and even cooler. try using scotch tape for the painting, so you get lines as straight as possible.

i originally wanted no black line but the tape i used didn't block the paint from running under the edges, so it looked really bad, so i took some black paint and used a crappy paintbrush to try and cover the ugly edge, which produced a ugly black line, but o well because it was my first one. ;D

See an eye said:
You should do one in glow in the dark Krylon spray paint  :D

ya but i doubt that the paint would stick well, also GITD paint doesn't look well unless illuminated and i don't ave a black light :(