Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom Machine work offered for trades!!!

My work is very slow and I would like to offer custom machine parts (just give me blueprint or sketch and ill tell you if i can build it) for a trade of laser diodes or optics.

I work at a Machine Shop in the USA (5 years experience) and have access to CNC Mills, Conventional mills, and Conventional lathes. I also am trained in CNC programming using MAsterCAM so i can make complex mill parts and even custom engraving. I do not know how to operate a CNC lathe so I can only make "simple" round parts (I can probably still make anything as i have plenty of people at work who could help me).

So if you would like any custom parts and have extra optics or diodes let me know and I will work out a deal for a trade. I can also accept money but I would be spending it on lasers anyways so i figured trades would be better.

I have access to a LOT of 6061 T6511 Aluminum so that's my prefered material but I can scrounge up brass for smaller quantities. I can do lager or small quantities, just ask.

ATTN: send drawings to misterwilling@gmail.com i check my email all day long

Last edited:

yes

Oh yes, anything, even fancy grooves that have a radius that has to be done on a cnc Lathe. Then i could even Engrave text on to the part using a mill too.

i may be looking you up soon for a few heat sinks until i can get my own lathe/mill...

Hmm

Only for high powered ones, and I'm Only interested in visible light lasers, ir lasers do not interest me. Don't hesitate to make an offer.
Also since I have no reputation here I am most likely to offer my services at lower costs as I attempt to build my reputation as a machinst here.

Gata

I don't care to much for IR either. What power would be classified as high powered to you? I have a red laser here that I would be willing to trade for some work.

I need some more information. Can you mill materials provided to you? What CNC do you have, that will let us know what you can do?

I have access to...

I have access to 14 different CNC mills, leadwells, okumas, 2 kitmuras with 4th axis. I also have access to 3 different leadwell CNC mills(one with auto bar feeder). In addition to the CNCs i have access to many different conventional lathes and mills. I also have access to every piece of equipment known to man for checking parts including a CMM that is precise to a millionth of an inch. And as i mentioned before i am trained in MasterCAM and able to write programs for either CNC lathes or Mills.

Yes i can mill anything you can throw at me, that harder the material the more time consuming to machine, obviously. I also talked to my supervisor and i can order material through our many many distributors if you desire large quantities. But for smaller quantities we have quite a bit of aluminum in every size in round bar and rectangular stock that i can grab out of the back and start machining immediately.

well high enough power for me would be 50mW+ green, 150mW+ red, or 100+mW blu ray.

Jake21 i did not receive an email from you please check the address you sent it to, thanks

Last edited:

Asherz

You seem like you know what your talking about, you answer questions quickly as well and on top of all that you seem like a nice guy :)

I'm sure you'll build reputation quick around here, just need a few people to get you going now and then once the word spreads sure buisness will pick up a little.

Just because I'm curious how much would it cost in cash, (as I don't have lasers to trade) to have you make a custom flashlight sized host? It wouldn't be too complicated nothing more than your average design but it would customized inside to fit the aixiz module well and have set screws in the front of the host to hold the aixiz module in place.

Thanks

host in colors

Just because I'm curious how much would it cost in cash, (as I don't have lasers to trade) to have you make a custom flashlight sized host? It wouldn't be too complicated nothing more than your average design but it would customized inside to fit the aixiz module well and have set screws in the front of the host to hold the aixiz module in place.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm also interested in this type host and I could even anodize them in colors for us.

Thanks Best Regards Pyro...

Gata

You seem like you know what your talking about, you answer questions quickly as well and on top of all that you seem like a nice guy :)

I'm sure you'll build reputation quick around here, just need a few people to get you going now and then once the word spreads sure buisness will pick up a little.

Thanks

I would also be interested a host like that, and if Flaminpyro can anodize them for us that would be great.

Also misterwilling, my red laser that I have is for sure more then 150mW but I am going to have it tested by someone here with a meter and then I can let you know for sure what it is.