Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom 520nm MSV2

So I realized that this would be the perfect host for this laser. The laser I had been waiting for, like so many others, for over a year. The laser that I have finally wanted to see up close. I got to build this very laser last night. And here are the after shots :drool: (when photobucket stops being a pile of arse, I'll try uploading more)

IMG_0492.jpg

Last edited:

Re: Custom 520nm MSV3

Bloompyle, in your utter excitement you said it was a MS V3 but its a V2. Cant wait to see more pictures of the full final build and more beam shots :)

Right. Good catch. I'm going to try using imageshack when I get the opportunity. Tomorrow probably, as I'll be out for much of the night. Sorry to keep everyone waiting! Blame photobucket :whistle:

Last edited:

IsaacT

How distinct is the wavelength from 532nm? Is it "a whole newwww worlddd"?

Well, I believe mine runs high (around 523+) so it's not too different. When you compare side by side, it's different. Also when there's smoke and you can see it well, it's obvious without it. My phone pics it up much better than my eye, unless it's dark (strange.) I'm working on getting a <510 eventually so I can have that super teal handheld.

I'll have pics up tomorrow while I do nothing but research in my dorm room all day like a normal Saturday :p

BTW +1 for being easy to deal with and making a killer build. much better than i would have done :beer:

Looking good man :) waiting for some better pics :beer:

:gj:

Last edited:
I was only able to edit one to the right size before it crapped out. I'll get more up today :p

you know you don't have to edit the size when using photobucket! I just upload then copy the img code over and its already set to the right size for the forum!

Blord

Good build. It seems you have the first review of a self made 520nm laser !

The only downside is that it doesn't have the classic tight beam of green DPSS which is something to get used to, so it's got the normal wide beam, although when it's focused to infinity the divergence is AMAZING.

The benefit of it being a case neutral diode is awesome for building as well.

Last edited:
Wow, looks amazing! Way better than i could have done with that host. Glad you have the first 520 built on the forum :beer: cant wait to see what the MS V1 comes out to be

Nice job on the 520nm! :)

I actually don't mind the look of the thicker beam on it. It almost reminds me of an O-like 532nm with built in beam expander that I got a while back. (Hope you don't mind me posting a pic to show what I mean..)

What kind of lens are you using and what driver did you choose?

Last edited: