Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Crazy Thing About LPF

It makes you wanton. There is literally NO way to avoid it.

I've been reading about lasers for the past two days. Burners, pointers, greenies, dildas, Argons - the list goes on! I'm going to have to start a fund for this new hobby of mine. I'm eager to try my own build if I can get the cash together to do so.

Oh, you guyssss...

there needs to be a word for this addiction to coherent light....any ideas?

Go ask Wayne-(photonaholic)- he has two forums of his own but admits to spending much more time here- so much to see and read--damn !!its almost 1 am and I have not even eaten dinner!!

I have been obsessed with lasers for over 30 years, there is NO known cure.

It's like the worse addiction known to man. always need another "Fix"

To make it worse, Lasers are everywhere these days, gas stations, supermarkets, hardware stores, pet stores, everywhere!

once upon a time they were only in Sci Fi films, now they are bombarding us from all angles...

Just try and kick the habit, I defy you.

Trevor

I was fascinated with DL's line of handheld green lasers... then I found LPF and that changed everything. ;)

-Trevor

photo is the prefix for light... intendere is the latin word for focus(ed) mania is the suffix for an exaggerated desire...

I can ask my med teacher how the prefix/root/suffix rules work..
There are certain vowel that need to be swapped out of the end or beggining root word sometimes.
I learned in my medical terminology class in 10th grade that this is how the names for technical terms and diseases are made =p

The problem is the phot(o)(i)ntend(ere)mania. The letters in parenthesis are supposed to be changed. The (ere) is only to serve the tense of the root word I think.
If I had to to guess though it would be something like.. photintendamania.
I'll get back to you guys, if anyone else knows about prefix/suffix rules feel free to jump in.

Asherz

photo is the prefix for light... intendere is the latin word for focus(ed) mania is the suffix for an exaggerated desire...

I can ask my med teacher how the prefix/root/suffix rules work..
There are certain vowel that need to be swapped out of the end or beggining root word sometimes.
I learned in my medical terminology class in 10th grade that this is how the names for technical terms and diseases are made =p

The problem is the phot(o)(i)ntend(ere)mania. The letters in parenthesis are supposed to be changed. The (ere) is only to serve the tense of the root word I think.
If I had to to guess though it would be something like.. photintendamania.
I'll get back to you guys, if anyone else knows about prefix/suffix rules feel free to jump in.

Sweet, now I can say my addiction is an actual medical issue :p

They need to start a chapter of Laser's Anonymous

"Hi my name is Mark and I am a laser addict.
I've lost my home and family and everything I owned to this deadly addiction.
I now live in a cardboard box under an overpass.
With my boxful of lasers, of course.
The worst part is having no where to plug in the battery chargers. Arghhh!"
:D

I'd live in a cardboard box if it meant I could have any laser I wanted.. a cardboard box with 220 3 phase.

I'd live in a cardboard box if it meant I could have any laser I wanted.. a cardboard box with 220 3 phase.

Thanks, I needed that.:D

All I can add is that I'd like my cardboard box in the middle of 100 acres of nothing but me and may lasers.

Oh and a laptop with wifi so I can post here.

Grizzly Adams with lasers, that would be cool.

They need to start a chapter of Laser's Anonymous

"Hi my name is Mark and I am a laser addict.
I've lost my home and family and everything I owned to this deadly addiction.
I now live in a cardboard box under an overpass.
With my boxful of lasers, of course.
The worst part is having no where to plug in the battery chargers. Arghhh!":D
I go to LA twice a week but never see any of you there-- de nile is not just a river in Egypt, ya know. Some of you guys have the habit bad...but not me! Its under controle, so don't worrie.(ps Dave have you sent my lasers YET????)--Must -have_ More_ COLORS. gotta call my sponsor!

Last edited: