Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Crazy Freak Leadlight

L

laser

I bought a leadlight 110 about a year ago, and it was my first laser for a long time. Then i found this forum, and the world of high powered lasers. I set out to bye one. Then, as i was waiting for my dragon 125mw to arrive, i decided to mod my leadlight, because if it died, i would still get my 125mw. i modded it and it still works.

Then my 125mw came, and i noticed it was much brighter (obviosly) and it burned stuff. so now i had something to compare my leadlight to.

Yesterday, i found a super magnifying glass in my house, and used it with my dragon laser. it was pretty sweet.

so then i wanted to try it with my leadlight. i put it up to the magnifying glass and it made the dot much smaller. i put the dot on a freckle (because theyre darker) and i waited a while. about ten seconds later, it started to sting! then i tried it on a balloon. it took about 20 seconds, but it popped.

i dont know if this is normal for a leadlight, but its amazing! a laser that i bought for 40 bucks can sting my skin and pop balloons.

i had no idea it was this powerful. everyone should get a leadlight.

S

SenKat

Well - you modded it, right ?  According to some - 35mw or so is all that is required to pop and burn...I haven't seen it for anything under 55mw or so, personally - but, hang on to that Leadlight - sounds good to me ! :)

Focus is the key here. My new flashlight laser has to be focused carefully to pop balloons at 4' and then 15'. Takes about 45 degrees of rotation of the ring.

Mike

M

Mr._Laser

Mike whats Hemlock?

I used to live in Hemlock hills?

My 55 cant burn without a lens or something but can pop balloones

L

laser

i plan to hold on to this. ;D its so cool. i had no idea that it could possibly this powerful.

i hear that these modded lasers can just die unexpectantly though, so i hope that doesnt happen.

the magnifiying glass is so fun though. i put a clip on my 125mw dragon, and set it on a table. then i walked about 25 feet away, and put the super magnifier right in front of it. i could see the beam start to thin out right there in front of me. right as it got super thin, it would start to get wide again. that one thin part is so good for burning. i can burn stuff from really far away.

T

timelord

Nice leadlight we here stories from time to time about these units and i've gotta say you've certainly got a good one there ;) Hold on to it don't be temted to trade it :)

L

laser

i almost gave it away because i was getting a 125mw dragon. because it was my first laser i didnt know how powerful it really was. i still dont know how powerful but obviously its not the 5mw that the label says.

T

timelord

I'd get it tested i'm sure SenKat can help you with this, as he's a a coherent laser check..

S

SenKat

I definitely can help - send it this way - PM me if truly interested - that goes for anyone ! I can test, video it, and send back next, or same day...

I have one that I've tested to 55 mW but it doesn't burn the skin - haven't tried a balloon yet... I agree with Mike - focus is where you get the burning power.

Mine is losing power - I think Mike posted something in CPF about the crystal degrading or something - odds are good that is what is happening to mine.

Sounds like you've got an AWESOME laser there!!!