Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Could use some advice?

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys,

I definitely am going to buy my next 5mW from LG but I cannot decide which is a better deal so i wanted to ask the experts :beer:

Here they are:

Price: $40
Anser All-Black Output Power: 3.0-5.0mW Class IIIa

Link: Laserglow Technologies

OR

Price: $120
Exclusive Precious Metal Series Pure Platinum Plated Luna Pt-5 Output Power: 4.0-5.0mW Class IIIa

Link: Laserglow Technologies

I am really only trying to make a rainbow, but this looks extremely appealing to me.

Thanks for any help guys :yh:

SerpantSlayer

The first one is definitely the better deal. I guess its more up to which host you like better. Personally I would go for the $40 one because the nicer looking host doesn't really justify the significantly higher price. Thats just my opinion though. Good luck with whichever one you choose :beer:

yesthisissean

My experience with lasers is small but very solid indeed; I've found that paying more for a laser does not give you a better laser.

The second "gold or platinum plated" laser is certainly beautiful. It all depends what you use the laser for. If you are presenting to large CEO companies, I would not recommend the gold or platinum one because I would feel like the bosses would think less of me for having a gold laser :/ The 40 dollar laser would look more professional...(again, in my opinion)

The gold or platinum laser would definitely wow your friends and co-workers/colleagues because its made with freaking PLATINUM lol I would go for platinum over gold because it is stronger and wont become tarnished like gold does.

Overall I think the better choice is the $40 dollar laser because both are only 3-5mW

Last edited: