Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Could I Use This As a Host?

I haven't built my own laser yet but I have these LED flashlights lying around and wanted to see if I could possibly use it as a host. They're small but I think it could work.

I just don't know how to even get the damn thing apart. All I can do is twist of the top to get access to the battery. I don't know how I would get it apart any more than this. Actually the very bottom also comes out, but that just goes to the other side of the battery. I don't know how to get any of the top part off.

Oh and by the way, that button that is on the side there just changes the color of the light. There is an actual switch on the bottom to turn it on. Maybe I could find some good use for the other button. If this thing would even work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

6tHn90K.jpg

hkKFxvu.jpg

Last edited:

Those two dimples on the metal piece inside the head will allow you to unscrew everything in the head. Ylu would need to have a heatsink machined but it could be done.

Oh yeah, those aren't screw holes. They're just holes.

I might just buy a C6 host off of survival lasers. It looks really nice and it's only $10.

Last edited:

NKO29

Yeah, if you put something inside the holes and twist anticlockwise it will unscrew the led section. You COULD use it as a host, but it wouldn't be easy. If you do choose to give it a go, i'd love to see the results!

It would be nice to do considering it would be something different, since most of the people here probably don't have this exact flashlight.

I haven't built my first laser yet though so I'm not sure if I should start with something like this. Maybe in the future. Honestly I've been looking at parts and there are so many different things that I don't know what kind of stuff I'm supposed to get. But I've been reading the stickies so I'm getting some of it.

Also I'm trying to unscrew it but it is pretty difficult. I'll just have to work at it.

Last edited:

Pman

Anticlockwise Lol Did you make that up or is that how you normally say it?

Sounds like when I ask for a slice of paper rather than a piece;)

NKO29

Maybe it's an Australian term... Pretty commonly used over here XD

Pman

So you wouldn't normally say counter-clockwise?
I'm going to have to steal your anti-clockwise and throw it around to see what kind of reaction I get.

I did make up a word. "Vanillity". If something can be chocolaty then why can't there be vanillity?

Last edited:
this thread is becoming anti-productive....

This.

But also, the fact that I read that as normal and did not second guess the world anticlockwise is weird. I've never heard that before in my life.

Over here we say counterclockwise.

What could I use to twist that open? I've tried multiple things and it just will not budge. I don't know if it's gonna work.

Those kind of host at,, as you already know,,, are not meant to be taken apart. It will be hard without destroying it, or at least messing it up too bad to continue to use. That's why members here use hosts that are completely able to disassemble. Cree etc. pman would be the guy to talk to about customizing one of these little guys.

Yeah well I was hoping to get it apart first before anything else. Oh well, I will probably just go to walmart or something and pick up a cheap thing that I know will work. I saw someone else post about a cheap one at walmart. This isn't worth it if it isn't going to come off easily.

Ray vac has some nice ones. A rubberized one tha would be very durable

You should be able to use the ends of a set of snap ring pliers to engage the holes and give it a twist.