Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

corrupt reputation system

i have recently noticed that many people have rep that is given to them for the wrong reasons. people give it out for stupid reasons such as "everybody deserves rep for their 1337 post" or "your funny" or "because i can" or "+1" or "rep cause you gave me 1" these pointless reputation points are annoying and when one is trying to tell if someone is trustworthy the extra rep can be misleading! if someone were thinking of buying something from somebody and they decided that since they have a lot of rep they are trustworthy, they could easily be wrong! i have seen over half of some peoples rep on here for stupid reasons like the ones above. the reputation system is abused and people should stop giving ridiculous rep points for people who don't deserve it! you should only get a rep point for helping someone, giving good advice, or being a good seller/buyer!

daguin

Yeah. You have to read the reasons for the rep points. Still it is better than nothing. It lets you know "why" they have the rep that they do.

Peace,
dave

daguin

laserlover said:
that's true, i guess im a little lazy

Aren't we all. It is part of the human condition. I guess your mother was right . . . .you are normal after all ;)

Peace,
dave

lol, you must be talking about VillageIdiots rep :p No one takes that rep seriously, it doesn't count for anything :p

But for everyone else they are generally right. Of course there are people who deserve to be higher than some people, but overall people with high reps do deserve most of it.