Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Correct wiring for 445nm / MicroBoost ?

Tabish

Why is the wire from case pin going to the middle of the driver instead of the -batt ?

pHeneX

Your diagram is host negative. So negative goes through the host to the case pin and then to your boost drive -batt in.

Firefly

Why is the wire from case pin going to the middle of the driver instead of the -batt ?
Because the diode laser is in heatsink metal and the pin case not used, so that can work perfectly and you don't need to solder on the back - batterie 14500 or others because the host is in metal

I agree 100% for this

Last edited:

ReNNo

That is the same trace on PCB.
Battery (-) pin is connected to this big resistor.
Then I don't have to solder twice and I can use shorter wire.

Tabish

That is the same trace on PCB.
Battery (-) pin is connected to this big resistor.
Then I don't have to solder twice and I can use shorter wire.
Ahh that's what I thought. Thanks for quick replies.

Your diagram is host negative. So negative goes through the host to the case pin and then to your boost drive -batt in.
Because the diode laser is in heatsink metal and the pin case not used, so that can work perfectly and you don't need to solder on the back - batterie 14500 or others because the host is in metal

I agree 100% for this
I should have been more clear. I figured that out...I was just wondering why he connected to the resistor instead of the -batt terminal.

Last edited: