Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Copper Heat Sinks made by Flamingpyro Review

In the beginning, I did send my friend, Flamingpyro some laser building parts, such as diodes and hosts, even a couple of drivers, but I was really happily surprised to be among the first to get these beauties! I know w/b a shame to mount the diodes in shabby aluminum heat sinks, so Flamingpyro just went ahead and made these copper heat sinks and put them in the lasers I had hoped could be assembled for me.
I am not an expert in laser builds. I do very little work on lasers currently and I try to get a job done well if it needs to be done. I was a mil-spec soldering inspector before and I have been both an aircraft control parts inspector and an Electro-optics inspector as well, but I do very little electrical soldering or similar work. So I can well see quality work and the calipers work as well as my microscopes and inspection gear.
I am not quite as good at taking pictures, but I am working on it. Anyway all in all I can say with great certainty, that Flamingpyro's work and specifically his heat sinks are some of the best work I have ever seen on any portable lasers, bar none! I can't imagine that his work would be affordable in here in the forum, I think he is under charging for this level of excellence!
Now some pics:
1036-heat-sinks-flamingpyro.jpg
1044-h-s-copper.jpg
1043-h-s-coleman-host.jpg
Thanks for your best pictures too Flamingpyro!

Last edited:

I added some pics! I took poor pics but Flamingpyro took these good ones! -Glenn

crap!!!! i want one of this!! i want to experience this heatsink!!!

Thank you Millirad, gramps always said if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right ! guess it musta took :D have a good day All...

Those heatsinks put him in the cream of the crop category. Awesome work FP!