Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cool beam shots!

I finally got a fog machine & and a diffraction grating and had a little fun in my garage tonight:

e7b.jpg

f14.jpg

ba8.jpg

87a.jpg

The green predominates because it's a bit more powerful than the red and the green + naturally appears brighter. I had my argon going too but I didn't have time to try to get the beam aligned to be able to hit the diffraction grating with the others. I had the HeNe going too but the beam's too wimpy to really be seen well. I'll try the argon alignment another time. I've also got one of those tunnel/liquid sky devices and I'm going to get that going soon and take some photos of that.

that's a lot of laz0rbeams :D

threads like these make me wanna order a mega matrix

Nice pics! I hope you had shades on to cover all those wavelengths. :D

Switch

Dr. Evil said:
Nice pics! I hope you had shades on to cover all those wavelengths. :D
Lol, what would be the point then? :p See a bunch of dim dots on the wall? ;D

I think a round of applause is in order, nice pictures :)

Regards rog8811

Great beamshots there, love the way the three colors spread out together! :p I definitley need to get a fog machine for my lasers, lazors + fog = cool! :cool: Which diffraction grating is used in the pics?

Zom-B

DAMN that's a phat pack of beamz

I must do something like this too. No fog machine though so I'll have to wait for the weather to be foggy.

I oughta slap everyone here that doesn't have a fog machine ;D they make lasers of even low power amazing and high power lasers simply brilliant :cool:

Switch

MarioMaster said:
I oughta slap everyone here that doesn't have a fog machine  ;D they make lasers of even low power amazing and high power lasers simply brilliant  :cool:

You always pick on fog-machineless people ::) :D

MarioMaster said:
I oughta slap everyone here that doesn't have a fog machine ;D they make lasers of even low power amazing and high power lasers simply brilliant :cool:

I dragged my feet for some time (don't really know why - fog machines can be had for less than $50 - cheaper than most any laser you'd buy) before I got a fog machine, but I'm glad I did. A 100mw beam you can barely see in a dark room will look like a light saber!

As for the diffraction grating - I got a very economically priced plastic one from this Ebay seller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190223751782&ssPageName=STRK:MEW A:IT&ih=009
Seller is in Australia but I got the diffraction grating in less than 5 days here in the US. The one I have is also a 2nd but you can't tell there's anything wrong with it.

Thanks for the compliments - I take a lot of pics of my lasers but those are some of the best (at least best beam shots) I've taken.

diachi

They are really nice shots, and BTW people you can get a Diffraction grating from a projector, I took apart an old Philips and removed all the optics and there is one which seams to do some diffraction patterns ( I've not tested with a laser yet lol, just tested with focused blue light from the beam splitter I also removed )

Ill post some pics of the optics along with my laser pics ( sometime this week )

Diachi

Benm

That looks really cool - try pointing that skywards on a foggy night to seriously upset the locals :)