Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Considering these different waterproof lasers

So here are a few waterproof lasers I've found:

--------------------------------------------------------

First, there's the Quantum series from EliteLasers
EliteLasers | Green Laser Pointers
quantum000.jpg

quantum004.jpg

I really like this one, and the picture of it being pointed strait into flowing faucet water sure seems pretty convincing. On the website it says waterproof up to 30 METERS!! :D

Then, there's the Waterproof-III Green Laser from LPP
★200mW Green Laser Torch - Military Grade Waterproof-III Laser Series - Laserpointerpen.net
253-2738-large.jpg

This one appears to have the same host as the Rayfoss host, which was confirmed to be very waterproof. On the website it also claims to have a 100% duty cycle.

Of course there is the Rayfoss version:
(website doesn't seem to be up right now)
rf1.jpg

rf7.jpg

(styropyro's pictures ^^)

Another member here on the forum bought the 200mW version and told me it wasn't stable and it was very underpowered, so the rayfoss version is out of the question.

And recently there is the Gatling Laser from o-like:
Gatlin 100mW green laser /waterproof &adjustable [OLGT100] - $96.99 : O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices
1.jpg

however Susie told me it isn't meant to be a diving laser, just waterproof.

I think I've made up my mind and I want the EliteLaser's waterproof laser. Yet I still want to own the gatling laser.. perhaps I'll buy the EliteLaser one first and the Gatling one later on.

Last edited:

The EliteLasers 200mW is $260.
For $110 less you could get the RayFoss RF532-200mW-FLX.

Chuck

The EliteLasers 200mW is $260.
For $110 less you could get the RayFoss RF532-200mW-FLX.

Chuck

yes but read up above what I said about the rayfoss waterproof laser.
Yobresal bought one, here's what he had to say:
it was total rubbish. Unless you mean the red one. The red one is good. Green was way underspec and terribly divergent.

the elitelasers version claims to work underwater up to 90 meters, and the build quality seems fantastic! I'd rather pay the extra money for something that is of good quality than risk my money on something underspec (that can't go as deep underwater) that I might not be able to return.

I was going to get the rayfoss version till I read about the quality of yobresal's :p

Last edited:
he told you why it's rubbish? rayfoss it's supossed to be a trustable company

he said it was way underspec and terribly divergent. I remember the review of the 50mW one saying it was somewhat on the bad side for divergence.

Hey Mikey. Jayrobs DIY green kit can be made water proof. If you order the kit ask him to also drill out the reflector. You can use the glass that comes with the host. The only thing is you need a thicker ring than the one it comes with to create a good seal. I have used the one that came with my 18650 host.

In the end it is way cheaper, fully made of metal and smaller.