Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Conficker

Take over the world you say? That worm, can't catch me!!

I don't use an antivirus, nothing ever gets into this PC, I call it "The Maclinux", it's the most incompatible thing that ever existed, not even viruses know how to infect my baby ;)

http://www.joestewart.org/cfeyechart.html

Test if you have conficker.

daguin

Niko said:
http://www.joestewart.org/cfeyechart.html

Test if you have conficker.

Well THAT was reassuring

I see pictures :)

Thanks, Niko

Peace,
dave

I don't have conficker.

Is this some kind of a new virus that'll never catch on in the real world and will only affect 104-year-olds and aging mothers?

-Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
I don't have conficker.

Is this some kind of a new virus that'll never catch on in the real world and will only affect 104-year-olds and aging mothers?

-Mark

I will never know, I don't even use an antivirus. But as I say, viruses only get into your machine if you let them (manually!).

dav

Niko said:
[quote author=rocketparrotlet link=1238532095/0#8 date=1238980014]I don't have conficker.
I will never know, I don't even use an antivirus. But as I say, viruses only get into your machine if you let them (manually!).

how can you let them if you wont know when its getting in? even if you do how can you stop it, or get it out?

Niko: "viruses only get into your machine if you let them (manually!)."

Words to LIVE by, my friend. I've been saying that as long as I've been into computers.

dav said:
[quote author=Niko link=1238532095/0#9 date=1238980198][quote author=rocketparrotlet link=1238532095/0#8 date=1238980014]I don't have conficker.

how can you let them if you wont know when its getting in? even if you do how can you stop it, or get it out?[/quote]

Because people think of hackers and virus like they see it in the movies: l33t h4x0rz who falcon punch their keyboards and magically enter into the FBI database, which they use to control a whole country by making one variable X.control = true. Same thing happens with viruses, they see it on the news and OH MY FREAKING GOD IT'S GONNA MAKE MAH PC BLOW UP INTO LIL' PIECES!!

dav

how can you let them manually?
i have antivirus and more than once has it kicked in to block a virus while
i was surfing google. i didnt even know there could be viruses on those sites until A-virus kicked in.

dav said:
how can you let them manually?
i have antivirus and more than once has it kicked in to block a virus while
i was surfing google. i didnt even know there could be viruses on those sites until A-virus kicked in.

Most viruses are triggered by users who enter places they shouldn't be getting into in the first place. Lots of them are also located on bad cracks and hoax cracks. No virus is ever gonna enter your computer magically because "somebody" planted it into your pc.

dav

well, okay my computer is always craping out, freezes, screen suddenly gets blurred and freezes, somtimes screen just goes black, and overall dysfunctional. does that mean i have a virus? if so how do i remove it.