Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Computer created holograms

Recently very impressive technology has been developed which enables the creation and synthetic holograms from 3D computer models.

Zebra Imaging can create large white light viewable full color holograms from CAD models

These videos are worth a look. They claim over 10 inches of height!

Rabbit holes:
RabbitHoles® 3D Holograms with Motion - Full Color 3D Animated Posters

Will enable anyone to create a very impressive hologram from their own photograph, animated sequence or computer model. It's rather pricey, however worth a gander. A very specialized printer, and holographic films are required. The printer uses three lasers to slowly embed the hologram into the photographic emulsion:

Similar to lightjet printing technology (the best computer color print technology, IMO) this will assuredly always be a specialized and expensive technology. However the holograms are damn impressive! Peruse the Rabbit holes site and look at the animated and synthetic holograms.

Some of the animated hologram can be seen in this video:

Last edited:

Wow, those CAD holograms are simply fantastic. This just blows my mind. I'm looking at these through the eyes of both a person involved with manufacturing and as a laser hobbyist, and both sides just say "WOW!". As a precision welder and fabricator I can't imagine what it would be like to get holographic plans for a job.