Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Completely OFF Topic... For RC Enthusiasts..

I thought the RC enthusiasts would get a kick out of this
Multi-Copter video....

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

Not even much of an RC enthusiast myself and I find this to be awesome. Cool find :beer:

EDIT: Just got to the riding part. Mother of God.

Santa, I'll be a good boy this year, I promise!

Last edited:
A Biker/RC buddy of mine sent it to me this morning.
That video gives me ideas....

Jerry

Last edited:
then we can all rome the open fields of the world together as one happy quadrocopter lasers community! :D :gh: LMFAO!!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

But in all seriousness it'd be epic to own a few of these! :D

This electric RC multicopter is very fun.

I love also this one, is not RC or electric but I also like to have one of these.

I'm sure ^^^that^^^one is more expensive ($35000 in kit)
than the electric one that could probably be built for <$5000

$1600 --16 motor ~$100 ea
$ 640 --16 ESC ~40.00 ea
$1600 --32 batteries ~50.00 ea
$ 500 --Aluminum Frame
$ 200 --2.4Ghz RC Radio
$ 500 --Misc Parts.. Propellers,Connectors,Wires

I'm sure buying 16 and 32 of the parts one could get better
prices..

I would rather fly a 16 motor air craft just for the built in
redundancy...:D

Jerry

Last edited:
Well, maybe this one is more craft, but certainly is cheaper than the other :D haha

Edit: Note that there are some brave hiding behind the tree :crackup:

Last edited:
Too noisy.... my neighbors would shoot me out of the sky...:crackup::crackup:

Jerry

Last edited:
haha can you imagine looking out your window and seeing your neighbor buzzing around his yard like that? :crackup:

I want one!
Either the first or the second one, the third one is a little scary.

Well, maybe this one is more craft, but certainly is cheaper than the other :D haha

Edit: Note that there are some brave hiding behind the tree :crackup:

This reminds me of my first flight of the micro helicopter I got for Christmas, LOL. But mine almost ended up in the turtle tank.

You'd think he's use that in a field. Look at all the trees, and power lines near his yard. :undecided:

vk2fro

heheeheheh helicopters - oodles of fun - the one Jerry posted is insane, but it has one problem. Batteries are for laser pointers. It need an engine :p

Seriously tho, the controllability of an engine isnt as exact as those electric motors, so they are better suited to the task. But theres no way I'd be strapping myself to a RC gadget with 16 slicing propellors, 16 explosive lipos and only having an excercise ball and a few flimsy struts for cushioning :p

That guy sure had guts :) I was thinking "come on ya wuss, go higher" LOL

I have 3 helicopters here (ok 2 and a half - one had an argument with a tree). They're fun to fly, and dont cost a lot to fix in minor bingles. They can be quite dangerous though. I also have a big petrol powered truck - makes lots of noise, lots of smoke and goes really fast... and will break your leg if it hits you full tilt. Some people say the petrol ones can be a pain to start - mines up and idling after two or 3 pulls on the ripcord.

The ones with the two stacked rotors and the tripod frame with a fuel tank strapped to the side that sounded like an angry leaf blower is probably the most stable - of all heli designs the counter rotating blades are the most stable. The blades dont nessecarily need to be on the same shaft (look at the chinook), it is the physics of the two sets of blades cancelling one another out on the x axis that elimenates the need for anti torque pedals on these desgins. The chinook DOES have antitorque pedals, but this is just to make it familiar to helicopter pilots. You will notice on that design there is no tail rotor, just a weathervane.

If you want to start out with helicopters (models), get one that has a blade setup similar to that one (one abover the other). You'll pick up the controls a lot quicker, and they usually dont break as bad as the single rotor models.

Last edited: