Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Completely new to this. Need help picking out components for a project.

Grayne

Hello all,

I am completely new to lasers and i have a time-sensitive project that requires building one. If you could kindly provide me with any relevant information - i'd really appreciate it. Thank you for your time in advance.
Hello all,

Let me first describe what the end result needs to be and then ask questions:

I need to build a portable laser preferably the size and shape of a Preon 1 flashlight that would run on one AAA battery (possible?) and project a diffracted shape clearly visible in daylight/fully lit room only at a maximum distance of 50" away from the surface. The shape at about 15" needs to be roughly 10"x10". Priorities are weight > size > power consumption > color. I also need to find or machine the housing, tubular preferably. Ideally i need 2 of these built identically but i can start with one if i have to.

Questions:

1. Is what i'm set out to do possible (size-wise and battery-wise)?
2. Which components do i need (putting a complete list together is my starting point)?
3. What tools/equipment do i need?
4. Which parts will i have to "manufacture" and which parts are available for purchase?
5. Which build/assembly steps can i "outsource" and to whom?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Can't be done.

I'd question whether a 50-inch diffracted image from ANY handheld laser would be visible in full daylight. I can assure you you'll get nothing close to what you want with a AAA. what are you willing to compromise on?

Grayne

Can't be done.

I'd question whether a 50-inch diffracted image from ANY handheld laser would be visible in full daylight. I can assure you you'll get nothing close to what you want with a AAA. what are you willing to compromise on?

I apologize, i must have not posted the specs clearly (i will also edit my post). I just need the image to be clearly visible from 50" away from the surface. The projected shape will only be about 10"x10" at a distance of 15".

Last edited:
Im also new.(i dont know how to start a thread) and was going to build a 10mW red laser in a torch host running on 2 AA batteries. I was going to use the driver inside but am unsure if i try that it will work or not.(or worse, destroy my laser) so i need somone to help me with my driver and see what it does.

Thanks

once you make a post in the welcome forum, you can create threads. :)