Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Colored HeNe

Why haven't I seen any multiline HeNes? I've seen many different wavelengths: green, yellow, red, IR... but never all in one tube (like argon). Is it a gas proportion issue, is it an optic issue, or is there just no demand for such a laser?

Tunable HeNes are available.. Check out Research Electro-Optics (Formerly PMS).  They are expensive and the gain is lousy.  The lines available are: 543.5, 594.1, 604.6, 611.9, and 632.8 nm.  The ideal bore to mode ratio is different for the different lines so no line is really optimized.

What I mean is a multiline HeNe - either 2 or all the HeNe lines at once in one beam.

knimrod said:
Check out Research Electro-Optics (Formerly PMS).

Why did they change their name? ::)

I think PMS Electro-Optics was originally a division of Particle Measuring Systems and then spun off into an independent company (Research Electro Optics) in the mid-90's.

I concor.
Very lousy gain. One line robs the others. I would try to segment the plasma and resonators so the output would be all the lines from right to left. Not combined.
Rectangular plasma bore.

Switch

Cyparagon said:
What I mean is a multiline HeNe - either 2 or all the HeNe lines at once in one beam.

[quote author=knimrod link=1196438962/0#1 date=1196442261] Check out Research Electro-Optics (Formerly PMS).

Why did they change their name?  ::)

[/quote]

Why did they even choose PMS in the first place?? ::)