Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Coleman MAX 6x build!

Hiemal

Hey all! So, I finished my 2nd DIY build a while ago actually. I've just never gotten around to actually posting pictures of it.

ANYWAY, getting down to it, I love this host. It's nice and small and sort of fits the apparent power output of the 6x 405 nm in there. Even with its size I approximate an infinite duty cycle, as it never seems to get more than just warm.

6wusy.jpg

I'm running it off 184 mA, using a Ghostdrive2. It works great, and fits the size of the host perfectly.

qEuQh.jpg

I really do love this laser! It's powered off of two CR2 batteries, a size I've never heard of until I made this laser. The batteries I had gotten are rated pretty well (600 mAh) and don't seem to need recharging for a good amount of time... It's been a good month or so of moderate to heavy usage and the batteries are still around 3.7 volts!

YHPCf.jpg

Though the seller of the batteries was a tad ridiculous. He had sent them via Parcel Post and thus it took a good week or two to get here. I'm used to so much quicker shipping times I was getting a little peeved...

The only thing that kinda bugged me about the host was the clicky switch... when I finally had everything together I clicked it and nothing. I was concerned until I finally managed to narrow it down to a faulty tail switch, and spent a good 2 hours dismantling it and fixing it. God that was frustrating! :tired:

But, the switch works now; it's just sort of... soft, I guess. It still clicks, but it's not as firm and reassuring as most clicky switches are really supposed to be.

I got the Host from Silvershot; He had sent me the host a while ago and is still currently awaiting payment for it .... It's sort of a long story, but I'll get it worked out. :p

Here it is all apart...

oDU7V.jpg

Here's it actually lasing. I love 405 nms.

SiRis.jpg

It makes a nice bright spot on the wall! You can also see the beam pretty decently in a dark room.

2DFnh.jpg

One of the neat things I love to do with this is to take my glow in the dark cap and turn it on. It acts sort of like a diffused flashlight and is pretty easy on the eyes. It's nice and bright too! I loved the way the picture of it turned out.

J1jPy.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

sinner

I just love this host, its so compact and stylish imo.. the heatsink is a bit small but not that small for a 6x.. i would say its just perfect.. I still have the moh's 445 from the giveaway a couple of month ago i won.. i killed the diode while upgrading it to an m140 and also killed the m140 while testing :( Static or spikes idk ftw, didnt get arround to rebuild it .. will do sometime soon now!!

Last edited:
Nice build!:beer:

That is a cool little host, one of my favorites for sure. Mohrenberg was selling those host's with a heatsink for a while, perhaps sometime he'll start selling them again.

Is that a sleeve wrapping of delicious chips ahoy in that last picture?? Damn I love those cookies.... :beer:

Last edited:
Hello, Mr. Coleman MAX 2xCR2.
I love you, and I really miss you. I hope one day you'll make yourself available to me again. I enjoyed the time we spent together and of all the hosts I felt, I loved you the most.

All my love,
Matthew Ohrenberg

What's the power on this thing?

Really nice build, I might go for a 405nm next, it looks nicer than a 445nm laser,

jimdt7

Nice little build man :gj:
I love these hosts also ! [Moh ;)]
+1 :beer:

Jim

sinner

Mohrenberg sent me a polished one and it was great!!! i have a photo of mine in my signature!!