Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI no laser to usa of 5mw?

I heard a lot about CNI and there quality so I decided to check out some of there lasers and emailed them for a price. they email back this.
Dear Will,
Thanks for your email and your interest in our laser, now the more than 5mW portable laser is not
allowed to export to USA, if you can consider less than 5mW output power laser.

Please contact me without any hesitation if you need any help.

Best regards;
Ava ZHENG

Is this new or have they never gave lasers over 5mw to usa.

It needs to be a laser that has the FDA safety features I actually just talked to CNI support the other day about purchasing a 200mW 532nm OEM/lab laser and the only way I could purchase it was if it used the FDA certified power supply. What kind of laser were you trying to purchase?
EDIT- lol I talked to "ava zheng" as well. I wonder if all there support people just use 2 or 3 names?

Last edited:
It's weird that they told you they couldn't sell it because I just checked it out and the laser you want is FDA compliant and obviously there's no reason to make a laser FDA compliant if there not going to sell it to the US lol Plenty of people have purchased lasers from CNI so I am honestly baffled. Try emailing them back and saying essentially what I said. "The laser is FDA compliant so it can be sold in the US" If you get any more info post it on here or PM me because I am very interested in how this shakes out.

Last edited:
This is the info sheet on that laser and it is clearly marked with an FDA symbol and when you check the pictures several of the safety features are visible. I am very curious about why they would say they couldn't sell it to a US customer.

http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-III-C-589.pdf

Last edited:
FDA compliant and FDA certified are 2 different things. Just because a laser has all the required FDA safety features does not automatically make it legal for sale on the US. It needs to be approved my the FDA. After FDA approval it is given a accession number for sale in the US.

I Thought all of CNI's lasers were FDA approved??
Check with Glen ''scopeguy20'' he deals with CNI or buys a lot of stuff from them with his GB's

Last edited:
FDA compliant and FDA certified are 2 different things. Just because a laser has all the required FDA safety features does not automatically make it legal for sale on the US. It needs to be approved my the FDA. After FDA approval it is given a accession number for sale in the US.

Check with Glen ''scopeguy20'' he deals with CNI or buys a lot of stuff from them with his GB's

I know all about actual approval and compliance but the whole thing is just weird because plenty of people in the US have made purchases from CNI and several people on LPF have made purchases from them including group buys as you mentioned. Also keep in mind that the laser he is looking at uses all the same hardware and the same host as a bunch of other lasers they sell to the US, it's the same host that the hercules uses (minus the internal fan). Just weird.

I just asked them about the no laser over 5mw to USA but you have FDA question on there online chat it has been almost 10 minutes still no answer and I know she is there because when we were connected she said hello, "how can I help you". I wonder why there not responding. I will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
I find there chat can be a little unreliable I prefer emailing them, I always get a response that way. Good luck

Contacting cni is asking for hassle and trouble.

I suggest you go on rhe next gb of glenn (scopeguy20 )

Last edited:

A memebr corrected me on my understanding of the real process for FDA approval

From his email to me

I saw your post on the 5mw CNI thread. I agree completely except for
your last statement.
"After FDA approval it is given a accession number for sale in the US."

This is not true.
The accession number is the 1st step and is only a product reference
number, anybody can get one all you do is go their site, file a form
and they will give you a number for some product you think might make
or are in the process of developing.
What get the product approved is doing all the annual paper work,
filing the product test reports that are done and such. An accession