Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GLP disassembly

hello guys!

the my firend's CNI GLP 532nm has a problem...
the plastic button is blocked inside the body of the laser so it's impossible to turn off the laser without removing the batteries.
so i need to dismantle the laser to fix the button.
i have already searched in the forum and on internet but i haven't found anything which can help me.

can someone link me a guide to disassembly the laser?

many thanks

(sorry for the english)

Can you shine a flash light down the battery end of the tube, and see the driver? Maybe you can see the problem, and if your lucky you can just use a very thin screw driver to dislodge whatever is keeping the button down...

I believe that should come apart at the gold ring above the button. Just pull it apart and the whole module should come out.

Can you shine a flash light down the battery end of the tube, and see the driver? Maybe you can see the problem, and if your lucky you can just use a very thin screw driver to dislodge whatever is keeping the button down...
no, i can't see the driver...

The guy asked how to take it apart... I told him. lol :p
the laser is already out of warranty, so i don't worry about it.
i have already try to unscrew the laser at the ring level but it doesn't seem "unscrewable".
it is possible to take the ring apart without breaking the laser

They probably used thread lock because they don't want you taking it apart, and voiding the warranty. Keep trying it should eventually give.

If you become tempted to use pliers you can likely protect it from damage with a bit of rubber or vinyl tubing. Sold by the foot in some hardware stores. Rubber would give better grip but vinyl has worked for me as well.

Last edited:
with a clamp and a plers i could unscrew the head of the laser.
it was so hard to unscrew that it seems to be soldered :thinking:

now i have to pull out the diode and the driver (looks like it will be hard...)
p1020225x.jpg

p1020229d.jpg

:,( You killed it!!! You should have listened to haloblu before destroying the thing.

You freakin destroyed it dude! lol :p
That is different than my old CNI pen
With mine the whole module was connected to the top half
Also it wasn't screwed in, it was press fit.

umm.. Your pump diode is now separate from its crystals & the alignment of those is unforgiving. Looks like the diode pulled right out of its heatsink/socket... Try to reassemble & see if you can get the crystals to lase by some chance.

I should have suggested fitting a tail switch onto the back instead & just leaving the broke button.

Last edited:
umm.. Your pump diode is now separate from its crystals & the alignment of those is unforgiving. Looks like the diode pulled right out of its heatsink/socket... Try to reassemble & see if you can get the crystals to lase by some chance.
I don't think it is. Look at the pic. You can see the standard brass crystal holder thing and you can even see the green of the crystal :p

No, its not dead yet, but it will be. These pens are insanely hard to take apart, they are 99% glue.

Before you go any further (you will most likely destroy the laser if you go further) I would use a flashlight and a loooong pair of tweezers down the battery tube side of the laser. If you absolutely cannot get to it that way then you will need to soak the outer ring with very very tiny amounts of acetone. The module is actually glued in and it is damn near impossible to get out.

If you cant get to it, and you don't want to take the module out I would just rip the button off and find a substitute. I have dismantled three of these pens, and only one ever worked again :undecided:

Wow.

Your laser is still salvageable.
First, screw the laser back together.
If you want to get the module out, you will need to pull it out. It is press fit into the pen housing with a small dab of epoxy.
Wrap the top of the laser with carboard or rubber, stick in in a vice and pull it out. Wiggling it a little as you pull should help loosen it.

I've disassembled these before and never damaged them... no solvents required.

:,( You killed it!!! You should have listened to haloblu before destroying the thing.

i haven't broken it. it still works perfectly. in the head of the laser there is only the collimating lens.
moreover the lens wasn't press fit but screwed in.

Wow.

Your laser is still salvageable.
First, screw the laser back together.
If you want to get the module out, you will need to pull it out. It is press fit into the pen housing with a small dab of epoxy.
Wrap the top of the laser with carboard or rubber, stick in in a vice and pull it out. Wiggling it a little as you pull should help loosen it.

I've disassembled these before and never damaged them... no solvents required.

the laser module bend out only by 1cm. if i stick it in a vice i think i will destroy it...
moreover, i don't know if the module is pressed in or screwed in.