Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GLP-532 button...

Chad

I was testing my CNI pen earlier this evening, and the button went all spastic. It doesn't "click"... it just depresses. It still turns the laser on, but it's tremendously sensitive, and only works if you push it just so. Naturally, my first thought was that the module got bumped out of place somehow, and screwed with the switch's position. Maybe it turned or something... I have no idea, as it hasn't ever been dropped, flung around or abused in any way. Since the warranty expired last month, I don't have any reasons NOT to take it apart... but I'm not sure how to go about doing that, aside from a hacksaw. :-[

Anybody have a tutorial for doing this, or, even better, know how to fix the button issue without messing with it internally?

Cheers,

-C

Try Pulling the button out. It sounds like the clicky part of the button is stuck and just doesn't make full contact until you apply pressure. I wouldn't recommend taking it apart. I have disassembled the optics in mine and from what it looks like, the only way to get into it without destroying it is... I have no idea.
Your best bet is to see if you can remove the button and try to free the stuck clicker.

What retailer did you get it from?
You may be able to ask them how to fix it.

Something else to check is - look into the end of the BATTERY compartment <with batts out, of course> and look at the alignment of the board inside - the button rubber boot should rest just barely on the mechanical button. You can use some long tweezers or forceps to re-position things GENTLY !