Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNC Laser cutter help

stuee

Hi.
Ive just made a 1m x 1m cnc X-Y-Z table and made so i can attach any device to it.
This is my 2nd attempt, the first attempt saw a fixed table and the carriage etc moved which then meant all the wires etc moved, a pain.
This version the table moves and just the carriage only moved sideways and up / down for depth.

I have messed with a dremil on it to do some letters cut out (im a sign writer)
but want to put a laser on it to be able to engrave and cut through about 8mm acrylic.

I do know a fair bit about electronics and lasers but unsure what type of laser oto use and power.
I read the c02 laser but whats involved in the setup for that and how would i get a 800mm tube attached and move with it?

If someone could give me some tips / pointers i would appreciate it.
I was contemplating getting about 10 dvd burner lasers and crank them up and make a special jig to hold them all and point in the same spot but they would all be slightly angled and wouldn't do a nice square cut.

Great information forum too.

Cheers
Stuart

stuee

Hi, very impressive. how this was that he was cutting through and what type of laser was that?
Do you have Randy contact so i can ask him some questions.
Thanks

Hi, very impressive. how this was that he was cutting through and what type of laser was that?
Do you have Randy contact so i can ask him some questions.
Thanks

it was a 3w 445nm fan kit I sale Laser Fan Module just ask him on youtube he should get back to you. I can make a 7w to 10w 808nm kit for $450