Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED/MOVED- New thread in OP, Combined everything in one place

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW FOR SALE THREAD- http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/c...teries-heatsink-diodes-drivers-etc-88491.html

March 3- After a few weeks of deciding, I have decided to sell everything in my collection. Chemo is not doing me well and I rarely use my lasers anymore so I'm just selling them all and putting the funds towards insurance/bank. I am going to be making a proper FS thread this weekend but consider this a sneak peak or early bird sale for you all. Everything in my signature is for sale; obviously lasers are for sale but I am selling my batteries and Rubicon Ophir LPM, random parts that I am going to find, 10 custom anodized hosts, Groove hosts, few random diodes, etc..... PM me for prices or to reserve spot to buy. As I said I just made this decision so I am not exactly sure on prices yet but not looking to make a killing, just to raise funds to go towards medical bills/savings for future bills.

I do apologize if I don't respond until Sunday but once I get home from work I do my PT exercises, eat and normally pass out -_- I will respond at first chance. Ill be making the FS ad with everything I have as soon as I dig through my laser drawers and figure out what I have; there is that much stuff...........

Thanks
Sean

Hey guys,

I have acquired over 150 heat sinks for C6s over the past year. Forgot about the others and bought ~80 of them recently but I found a whole box filled with heat sinks that I forgot I bought when I joined here :yabbem: I have a ton of hosts and am planning to sell lasers in the next few months but now I need to pay off some bills/purchase some diodes for the builds :(

I am in the same boat as EVERYONE else here, spend way too much money without realizing it. I have a few bills coming up for various purchases and money I borrowed so I'm just selling all the heat sinks I don't need. Pretty much the only place to get heat sinks right now is from Survival Laser, unless you look towards a custom machine shop. Machine shops are not cheap for heat sinks unless you buy in massive bulk so its not efficient for the average laser enthusiast. I'm not trying to knock SLs prices but I am looking for a fast sale so here is your chance to save ~50% over SL prices.

Priced for a quick sale, check SL prices and add in shipping to see how much money you could save. I know that 5 copper + shipping from SL is $93 (including the LPF discount code), buy from my sale and 5 copper + shipping is only $56. I bought in bulk so I am able to pass the sayings down to you guys :beer:

This is only half of what I found. Still cleaning out my closest AKA the land of forgotten laser parts :crackup: Found around 50 C6 hosts in there too :shhh: dont tell the GF!!!!! Those might be up for sale soon too, depending on bills that show up.

Bottom three are the ones I am selling; top copper was in a bag stapled to a SL order form for pills and a heat sink so 99% sure its a SL heat sink

Screws (trying to get a better photo, current camera doesnt do ultra macro too well :()

I have a bunch of black heat sinks but not sure if I'm selling more than 6 of them. I wanted to use those for a few projects but if there is a desire for black heat sinks then contact me and I'll see what we can work out.

PRICES: (set screws included)
Aluminum- $4
Anodized Black Aluminum- $5
Copper- $10

SHIPPING within USA: (International please contact me first)
1 piece- $3
2-4 pieces- $4
5-10 pieces- $6
10-20 pieces- $10
20+ pieces- please ask for shipping discount ;)

Payment is in the form of PayPal only. Total price plus 2% (I'll eat the other half of the fee :D) First week of sale only, NO PP FEES​

I also have a bunch of custom focus adapters that I have purchased with various orders and custom runs I had done over the summer. I need to see how many extra I have since I need them for builds. Had a local machine shop that my buddy owns do some pretty trick stuff with me that I haven't unveiled yet, soon though, soon...........

If you are interested in buying a plain aluminum heat sink and getting it anodized any special color or patterns contact me ASAP and I can include it with my order I'm sending to Mr.Crouse soon. Shipping to him would be free since I'm already send off some hosts for work so you'd just pay the cost of the anodizing from him. If so, PM ME ASAP!

Thanks for looking,
-LL

EDIT: Just checked my insurance claims thus far and it totals $69.3k and its only the beginning (for those who have seen breaking bad, I kinda feel like Walt minus the whole secret life, drug lord crap :crackup:)............... Yeah, needless to say my laser buying has come to an abrupt stop for the next year or more. This will be turning into a full blown clear out sale thread for everything I don't need :cryyy: I am trying to keep all my special lasers and parts but as bills come in, that may change.

I start a year long treatment on Monday so my time here might slow down considerably but I will be checking on the daily and shipping purchases out frequently, don't worry, if I cant ship it then my GF will ship it for me. If I remember right the treatment will be around $100k so I am praying insurance covers most of it. Debt from college is enough, never mind $170k from this whole deal :(

BTW this isn't a sob story, I have accepted my situation and have the best mindset possible. I am being super aggressive with treatment which takes a toll on the body but not taking any chances. Rather suffer for a year then have this crap come back and go through it all over. I'm not asking for sympathy, good wishes are fine though :beer:

Last edited:

Re: MASSIVE Heat sink sale- Copper, aluminum and anodized C6

RESERVED FOR UPDATES:

Updated- 2/28/14

I have the following left for sale

1x BRAND NEW Vinh Xvn XM-L2 dedome Flashlight High/Low 1800 Lumen w/ holster - $120 shipped (no original box) or $130 shipped with original box (Vinh is never making these again and owners tend not to sell Vinh lights, I hate to sell any Vinh light since they are amazing!!!! Haven't used this light other than turning it on to compare to my K40vn. No need for lights since surgery so its sat in the holster on the table. Contact me if you need 26650 cells since I have a few I might sell with this
4x Ultrafire 16340 cells - SOLD
2x 5.6mm modules- $3/ea
3x Moh focus adapters SOLD
23x Copper heat sinks- $10/ea
7x Aluminum heat sinks- $4/ea
1x Black Aluminum heat sinks- $5/ea
1x Edmund Optics mirror -SOLD
1x C6 Holster- $4
1x Cree XM-L2 on copper sinkpad (T4 7A aka ~3000k tint) - $10 (slightly hard to find an XM-L2 in this bin) Brand new in package

Addon items (must be added to your order)
1x Glasses case - $7 (items will be placed inside case for added protection)
1x Blue Camo 501b host SOLD
Photos of items not shown in original thread:

Xvn far right

Xvn in holster

Last edited:

I'll probably need some anodized ones soon.

Atm all I have is the black. If you want black let me know how many and you can have dibs on them. Otherwise they'd need to be sent out to be anodized with my hosts. I'd need to know how many you want so I can get a quote for you. As mentioned before it'd just be for the cost of ano and you can double chwck with mrcrouse :beer:

probably 2. and black would be fine. I need 2 C6 hosts to put them in too, but I'm low on money atm so one thing at a time lol

Well ill set two aside for you. Unexpected bill from surgery = not a good surprised. This might turn into a livinlouds massive clearout sale :(

Can you post a picture of the set screw. Survival Laser's heat stinks set screws are better than some of the other C6 sinks I've seen. SL's sinks set screws are small and set higher where some of the other ones are set low and a larger diam making it more difficult to build and not quite as nice of a connection IMO.

Can you post a picture of the set screw. Survival Laser's heat stinks set screws are better than some of the other C6 sinks I've seen. SL's sinks set screws are small and set higher where some of the other ones are set low and a larger diam making it more difficult to build and not quite as nice of a connection IMO.

Check OP, updated it for you :beer:

Also have some modules but only found a few thus far.

Last edited:

NO4H99

Interested in the focus adapters as soon as they are listed.

Tmack

I'd like to see some adapters too.

Just checked my insurance claims thus far and it totals $69.3k and its only the beginning (for those who have seen breaking bad, I kinda feel like Walt minus the whole secret life, drug lord crap :crackup:)............... Yeah, needless to say my laser buying has come to an abrupt stop for the next year or more. This will be turning into a full blown clear out sale thread for everything I don't need :cryyy: I am trying to keep all my special lasers and parts but as bills come in, that may change.

I start a year long treatment on Monday so my time here might slow down considerably but I will be checking on the daily and shipping purchases out frequently, don't worry, if I cant ship it then my GF will ship it for me. If I remember right the treatment will be around $100k so I am praying insurance covers most of it. Debt from college is enough, never mind $170k from this whole deal :(

BTW this isn't a sob story, I have accepted my situation and have the best mindset possible. I am being super aggressive with treatment which takes a toll on the body but not taking any chances. Rather suffer for a year then have this crap come back and go through it all over. I'm not asking for sympathy, good wishes are fine though :beer:

Damn, I hope the insurance comes through for you. Best of luck and get well.

Not too get too far off topic but they have been coming through pretty well, need to fight with them to coordinate and pay and all the crap but its better than nothing.

Sorry no updates on exact numbers available for sale yet, been spending my last few days before treatment with the GF and enjoying myself.

Tmack

Wow Sean. Really sorry to hear about that unexpected turn. Your a fighter my friend. No question you'll do just fine.

Tomorrow is a month from surgery and I was planning a photo update. The scarring looks normal now, well not totally but you know, better than my first photos ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.