Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

click click boom

Davo

Im building a blue ray out of VicLight

but the problem is  that when i click once it powers up, click again powers off, click again nothing, click again and it powers up again

IMG_5938.jpg

im confused on why it is doing this?

does this flashlight normally have 2 different modes? or is this problem happening with the normal leds in it?

It's a 3-position switch.  I have the same light, it has the LEDs and a 5mW red laser.  

Click-LEDs on, red laser off.
Click-Red laser on, LEDS off.  
Click-All off.

I put an 803T in the light, and it's not too annoying to have the 3-position, 2 offs and 1 on.  I just go in the habit of when I click the laser off, I click it again so that it would be ready to come on next time I want it.

this flashlight looks strikingly similiar to the one i am using to make a laser, in the one i bought, the switch was a multi-switch (if thats even a real name), it was an LED/laser pointer flashlight, normally you click once, LED lights, click again, lser pointer, click again, off.

so that may be your problem, i fixed mine by taking the switch from an old cd-rom drive (the open button), plus i wanted one that only came on when i held the button (and to make more room inside the flashlight)

your best bet is just swap out switches.

hope this was a help!!

oh also, i guess you could just solder the two outs (i really need to learn my terminology) together and then it's just be

click on
click on
click off.

You could set it up so the extra click lights up a few UV/Violet LEDs to go along with your blu-ray.