Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Class II yellow laser pointers

Arayan

I'm very interested in knowing if there are yellow laser pointers (approx. 593 nm) labelled as class II. The reason of my question is because I would like to use one of them for my presentations, but in Italy there are very severe laws on the laser pointers which prohibit the use of LP of class III. Even the model Righel of Laserglow (0.6 mW) is labeled as Class IIIA...

:thanks:

Arayan

Shouldn´t be a problem to tell laserglow or CNI to remove the label!
recently the customs has improved controls, and more than removing the labels (still have confiscated several green pointers without labels) would be to make a false declaration of power!

I wonder if they will regulate the sun next... Something tells me that is produces more power than 1mW.:rolleyes: You'll even go blind if you stare at it!:eek:

On a serious note, would it be feasible to combine a red and green pointer? It might get a little bulky, but you could do it with two lower power R&G lasers...

I wonder if they will regulate the sun next... Something tells me that is produces more power than 1mW.:rolleyes: You'll even go blind if you stare at it!:eek:

On a serious note, would it be feasible to combine a red and green pointer? It might get a little bulky, but you could do it with two lower power R&G lasers...
There one on DX, add a rgb cube and get a yellow :3

Jayrob already made one. Try the search button.

Arayan

a "pocket" pointer would be ideal :D, however is hard to find also a green laser pointer of class II...

You could probably cut down on the size if you were using lower powered diodes that didn't need as much heat sink... Do they allow components to be shipped there? You could just get some diodes, and a green module and put them together.

Arayan

Also, try contacting LaserGlow. They should be able to provide a <1mW yellow with a Class II sticker if you ask.
The 0.6-2mW Rigel will be class II if it is <1mW, which should not be hard to get.

it's a good idea also for me, cause I'd like more a "pure" yellow beam ;)

thanks Pierce

Still, IMO getting the .6mW rigel with the sticker removed would be fine, because if italian laser security is as advanced as you claim, then they would just test the laser, see it is only outputting less than half of a mW and send it on its way.