Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Class 1 Lasers

Hello everybody

I'm looking for Class I Lasers . I searched a lot but I did not found one :'(

I need it for my project . I will be glad if anyone know where i can buy this laser

hammodx3 said:
thank you Dr.Laser . But the problem we have to use Class I  :-[
I'm not sure if you can even buy class I lasers. They would be like .5mw or something.

Coherent2 said:
[quote author=hammodx3 link=1232638136/0#2 date=1232639662]thank you Dr.Laser . But the problem we have to use Class I  :-[
I'm not sure if you can even buy class I lasers.  They would be like .5mw or something.[/quote]

that's the problem my friend . I told my doctor that I didn't find anything about this laser , but he said it's available for about 20$ !! but where ?? I don't know !!

Find a basic direct injection laser and dial back the current until it emits no more than 200µW.

technically any class I laser is a laser whose output can't leave the enclosure (ex CD rom drives, laser printers, etc even though they contain lasers >50mW or more)

but since you seem to need a laser that's not sitting inside a box, you could take a dollar store laser pointer and just dial back the input voltage until it barely lases

What is he talking about?!

Bring him a DVD burner, and tell him it's a Class I. Also, bring the official certification to prove it.

-Mark

wummi

rocketparrotlet said:
What is he talking about?!

Bring him a DVD burner, and tell him it's a Class I. Also, bring the official certification to prove it.

-Mark

or a discman, for that matter ;D

Discman_D121.jpg

well , thanks to all of you :) . It looks like I will take it from a dvd driver ;D . Thank you again

hammodx3 said:
well , thanks to all of you  :) . It looks like I will take it from a dvd driver  ;D . Thank you again

if you take it from a dvd drive it won't be a class I laser anymore ;)

you have to take the whole drive

Why don't you tell us precisely what it is you're trying to do so we can be of more assistance?

well I think it's better to see the attachment :)

Attachments

• IEEE_UAE_Section_Common_Design_Project_Competition_01.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 270
Spiffy! So will the judges test the power or will they take your word for it?

I don't know until now , but i think I will show for them the dvd rom :p . I hope that we could do it this year ::)