Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Christmas wish

Hey Lpf

As many of you know I am dealing with a undiagnosed neurological issue. I am still going to doctors to find out what is wrong with me. While I have dealing with this we are living on unemployment which ends at the end of Nov. Thanks to some kind members and a school check we were able to extend our payments for bills out till Feb. I have a 8 year old daughter that wants a magenta laser for Christmas. I know most of you are thinking I have no business giving a laser of any mw to a 8 year old! Here is the thing she has her own safety glasses that her uncle Jim bought her so when she is watching me run my lasers she is completely safe. Her wish is for me to build her one and I keep telling her when mommy or dad hopefully can go back to work I would build her one 5mw one of course but we are still looking for work and im still you know laid up. I am wondering if a Santa on LPF would fulfill this young ladies dream! If not its not a big deal! I have a few things that I can trade for this if some one wants to do that. I have a large psu 5 volts at 36 am 12v at 10,6,3 amps. I have a 2 inch diameter diffraction grating out of argon setup and some odds and ends. I am willing to trade this to make my daughters wish come true. Thanks LPF for being here for me and my family! with out you and the generosity that was shown we would of been in trouble by now

Build one? You can make one (but that wouldn't be :san: would it?) 小心中国店,他们的市品对一个小姑娘有危险的。 If you are Chinese. Making one shouldn't be too hard. Buying one should be the more easier. GL (good luck)
(wonder if those characters were the first chinese posted in WL)

thanks for the reply but I am here in the USA and if you had read the post in its entirety then you would see why i cant buy one for my daughter

rhd

I have a magenta laser (not a pointer) in the FS thread linked in my sig. If you're interested, tell me about the diffraction grating.

Cheers

hey RHD its a 2 inch diameter argon diffraction grading. it has a slight concave to it i believe that its for any 400 wavelength Kaiser has the smaller one and i think it works on any multiple wavelength. I had it up for sale with a few other items but no interest in it. I have a few filters for blue I think and a few other optics if your interested.. I am looking for a lab style not a pointer.. some thing that is not portable would be the best

Last edited:

rhd

hey RHD its a 2 inch diameter argon diffraction grading. it has a slight concave to it i believe that its for any 400 wavelength Kaiser has the smaller one and i think it works on any multiple wavelength. I had it up for sale with a few other items but no interest in it. I have a few filters for blue I think and a few other optics if your interested.. I am looking for a lab style not a pointer.. some thing that is not portable would be the best

Can you show me a picture by chance?

If it's a diffraction grating, doesn't it need to work for multiple wavelengths? I assumed it was meant to separate argon lines, no?

yes it does work for multiple wavelengths and it does that sorry just been in a lot of pain and here is a picture

10174-1027140809.jpg

its the middle item