Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Chocolate disco ^.^

HIMNL9

LOL, wondering how much laser power they are shooting on the faces of the singers ..... it does not look so safe, for them :p

anselm

It certainly is totally unsafe for my poor ears and mental sanity!:crackup:

Jokes aside, it's hard to tell from a video if it was safe or not.
Crowd scanning can be done safely, if the scanning speed is fast enough and
the power atenuated, remember haze can make even low poweed beams VERY visible.
But I somehow doubt the necessary measurements were taken in his case.:thinking:

I wonder, are there laser safety contact lenses?
If anyone had such a thing, I'd bet it would be the japanese.

LOL, wondering how much laser power they are shooting on the faces of the singers ..... it does not look so safe, for them

I agree....
Unless they have Safety Goggle Contact Lenses...:whistle:

EDIT

@ anselm.... looks like we had the same thought...LOL

Jerry

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Hard to say ..... i also thought about that ..... at 2.14 time, the reflex of the eyes are a bit strange, so it can be (or, at least, i hope it's so :p)

jakeGT

What powers are safe for crowd scanning? Like if you go to the club and their scanning the crowd, if you take a direct shot to the eye with a big laser fan, how's that safe?

Leaving aside the musical quality and musical likes (really, is a crap lol), I don't believe that we can know with totally assurance if the practice they are doing in the video is dangerous or not. But at first appearance, really looks dangerous.

Seems paradoxical that in a technologically advanced country like Japan, show stuff like this. I'm sure that they know laser dangers.

daguin

<note> old guy talking </note>

If we blind them, will they go away? :wtf:

Peace,
dave

HIMNL9

<note> old guy talking </note>

If we blind them, will they go away? :wtf:

Peace,
dave

Naah ..... more like "Hey, if we blind them, they cannot find the door for run away, and must stay and hear all the show" ..... :eg: :eg: :eg:

(j/k, ofcourse :p :D)

@ JakeGT, it depend both from the power of the beam and the speed of the scan ..... it's hard to say if it's safe, only from the video.

jakeGT

Naah ..... more like "Hey, if we blind them, they cannot find the door for run away, and must stay and hear all the show" ..... :eg: :eg: :eg:

(j/k, ofcourse :p :D)

@ JakeGT, it depend both from the power of the beam and the speed of the scan ..... it's hard to say if it's safe, only from the video.

Thanks, I was wondering though, Like if i went to a club and they were scanning, and visibly hitting peoples faces, if I asked them the power/speeds and what not, how to tell if they are blinding me, or if it's okay?

Thanks, I was wondering though, Like if i went to a club and they were scanning, and visibly hitting peoples faces, if I asked them the power/speeds and what not, how to tell if they are blinding me, or if it's okay?

Easy, you can do a simple test. When the ray approaches near your eyes, look fixedly the ray, if a few seconds later you see nothing, yes, the laser was dangerous and you've gone blind :eg: LOL

Easy, not true?

Jokes xdd

Last edited:

daguin

They SHOULDbe able to tell you that information.

However, that doesn't mean that they can tell you

Peace,
dave

jakeGT

They SHOULDbe able to tell you that information.

However, that doesn't mean that they can tell you

Peace,
dave

Wouldn't that be something that they would HAVE to tell me? If the lasers shining in my eye balls were harmful or not?

HIMNL9

The problem is, probably, that most of the times, they don't know this ..... i mean, in some places, they may have a light technician that knows these things and take care of them, but the most part of the times, usually peoples that organize shows don't have those machines in property, and use external companies that mount and maintain the projectors and other lights for them ..... if you get one of them, maybe he know and can say you what you ask, but show organizers, is difficult that know those informations, they only can say you "hey, we called a company especially for this, so this must be safe, ask them for the info", or similar .....