Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Chinese Dept. Store X/Y Scanner

Ok, finally its here! After spending half an hour getting the box open I was faced with all the parts, just as expected. Slight problem now though... There are no instructions at all so I am going to have to work out what plugs into what myself and even worse... I cant find a place to connect any power there are no mains leads or anything just yet another wire with connector on it.

Here is the first picture so far, I will update as I get it built. Sorry about the blurry corner in this one.

Attachments

• image-0011.jpg
    image-0011.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 97

andy_con said:
LOL there dead easy to wire up

Its all wired up now, just 1 wire left over have no idea where it goes as there are 3 extra connectors on the board... guess you can build up on it.

Now its down to the task of how on earth do I power it? Does a mains cable need to be wired into the power switcher or what?

andy_con said:
post a single pic showig each part and ill tell you

Nah, will wait till my dad gets home. he knows all this stuff.

Looking at the power switcher it looks like a power supply can be attached. Hopefully I will have my first test tonight.

LOL

ive had and used the exact same scanners so why not just post a pic and ill help you

andy_con said:
LOL

ive had and used the exact same scanners so why not just post a pic and ill help you

Fair enough.

image-0015.jpg

image-0014.jpg

image-0013.jpg

image-0012.jpg

ok a messy pic

DSCN3253.jpg

DSCN3244.jpg

DSCN3245.jpg

DSCN3248.jpg

so the blue brown blue wires from the psu go to the amp.

the red black white from the psu go to the dmx board

Ok, wires are different colors here. Its all connected up now anyway, all I need is a mains lead to power it.

ok thats easy

DSCN3248.jpg

N is -
L is +

and i put the earth to the metal housng

S

SenKat

Lambo - what did that set you back ? Is it the 10k version ? I cannot wait to see that sucker in action, man ! :) Ooooooooooooo - SenKat is JEALOUS ! :D

SenKat said:
Lambo - what did that set you back ?  Is it the 10k version ?  I cannot wait to see that sucker in action, man ! :)  Ooooooooooooo - SenKat is JEALOUS ! :D

very cheap and very easy to use.

next you need a DAC, now thats not cheap haha

S

SenKat

I get the impression that YOUR idea of cheap may very well not match up to MY idea of cheap
:) .....So.....what's the damage for a 10k setup ? (rough guestimate) I think it was outlined in other threads, but there have been so many outlined recently, it is hard to tell which is which !