Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Chinese Companies OFF for about 1 month for Spring Festival

Hi
Today is Jan 25, 2010. Feb. 13, 14 will be Chinese New Year Eve and New Year's Day. 10 days before and 15 days after the two days are usually holidays for Chinese people for family reunion, visiting relatives and "GUONIAN "BAINIAN". Businesses are usually off during this period. if anybody wants to order some lasers or other products from Chinese(including Hong Kong) websites or sellers in this period, I think first you'd better send a message to ask if they are off or not. and shipping time may be prolonged because the Spring Festival period is the busiest shipping season during a year in China and post office or express service workers will have more days off than unsual.
hope this thread will help a little
All my best
Merry

Last edited:

Thanks for the info. It sometimes takes a month for me to receive my items anyway. Two months would suck. I'll make sure I ask before ordering anything from HK.

WOW 25 days of holiday! That's what we need here.......
But we can't afford it because of taxes :-(

HMike

Wow, and i was going to buy my dilda around next month:(.... good thing i bought it this month, and recieved it this month:D

Ymerej

Wow! that's a looooong holiday! :yh: So i guess things will be back to normal around the end of February. I too was about to order something next month, oh well at least this gives me more time to save some more money :D. Hope there would be new products by March :yh:

Jaseth

Thank you a lot for this information Merry! I knew there were holidays some time in February but I was not sure when and for how long - I was putting off ordering some stuff so you just saved me from a lot of hassle!

Seb

Damn I just ordered from DX last night. I hope I get it before March. :cryyy:

And I just ordered another pack of batteries that are not even in stock :cool: Hope we are both lucky :)

My China connections say the length of "business closed" time varies, some are close for about 1 week or a little more, others are longer. -Glenn

KiLLrB

Crap just ordered a pointer from some guy in Hong Kong 2 days ago hope im not affected