Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Check out this green laser in action

Being an Omega watch owner myself, I was watching this video on youtube: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPR-P0r_3fE&feature=youtu.be" and got really excited 48 seconds into the video when I saw a very high powered 532 nm laser etching numbers in the ceramic bezel of the watch. How powerful do you think it is and why would the use a green laser and not any other wavelength? Got me thinking...

Might just be theatrics and hyperbole. The rest of the video had plenty, that's for sure.

Just good marketing... possible the green laser was used for targeting, more likely just for the video though.

That's what I thought too. I don't think such a high powered greenie can even be manufactured but man is it some eye candy!

I'm sure the power level can be reached, but it wouldn't be practical... the metal would simply reflect most of the light, instead of absorbing.

Just for show, they even added smoke - normally this would be very carefully extracted to prevent damage to the output lens.
I'ts most likely a Nd.YAG or CO2 and those IR beams would make a boring video so I recon they "bling'd" it up with the green.
They should have used a yellow wavelength as green clashes with the gold :D

ATB
MM