Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheapest highest power diodes for burning

Ok this thread is for any one who rolls by in recent times looking to make nothing more than a burning laser.

What kind of diode is usually the cheapest around here?
Who here is selling the cheapest and most powerful laser diodes?
Also one ting I's sure is in the forums but changes by seller, whats up with those 1 watt 405 nm diodes on ebay that are like $10, any one know if there scams, if it's worth while, or if it will be a bad dealing with a japanese company just like Mohrenberg is dealing with right now? :eek:

Try taking a few hours and read the stickies, and the first 3 links in my sig. It will answer all your questions.

Here is a summary of the features, power output, power supply requirements, wavelengths, beam quality, cost, and applications of diode, helium-neon, argon/krypton ion, carbon dioxide lasers, helium-cadmium, and solid state lasers. There are many many other types but these represent the most common lasers available over the last 50 years - the the most common lasers available on the surplus market today.

* Diode lasers. Semiconductor laser diode 'chip' driven by low voltage power supply. Optical feedback from a monitor photodiode (commonly in the same package as the laser diode) is generally used for precise regulation of laser diode current.

Wavelengths: Red (635 nm, actually may appear slightly orange-red) through deep Red (670 nm) and beyond, IR (780 nm, 800 nm, 900 nm, 1,550 nm, etc.) up to several um). Near-UV, violet, and blue laser diodes are available from around 380 nm to 450 nm but are still very expensive. Green laser diodes have been produced in various research labs but until recently, only operated at liquid nitrogen temperatures, had very limited lifespans (~100 hours or worse), or both.

Beam quality: Fair to high depending on design. The raw beam is elliptical or wedge shaped and astigmatic. Correction requires additional optics (internal or external). Coherence length anywhere from a few mm to many meters.

Output power: 0.1 mW to 5 mW (most common), up to 100 W or more available. The highest power units are composed of arrays of laser diodes, not a single device and may exceed 100,000 W.

Some applications: CD/DVD players and CDROM/DVDROM drives, LaserDisc, MiniDisc, other optical storage drives; laser printers and laser fax machines; laser pointers; sighting and alignment scopes; measurement equipment; high speed fiber optic and free space communication systems; pump source for other lasers; bar code and UPC scanners; high performance imagers and typesetters, small (mostly) light shows; medical treatment (ophthalmic, uninary, and others).

High power laser diodes are the enabling technology for high efficiency Diode Pumped Solid State (DPSS) lasers and future energy efficient lighting.

Cost: $1 to $10,000 or more.

Comments: Inexpensive, low (input) power, very compact, but critical drive requirements. Many types of diode lasers are not suitable for holography or interferometry where a high degree of coherence and stability are required. However, see the section: Interferometers Using Inexpensive Laser Diodes since these common CD player and visible laser diodes may in fact be much better than is generally assumed. In addition, it has been reported that some inexpensive diode lasers appear to be even superior to traditional helium-neon lasers costing $Ks for holography. See the section: Holography Using Cheap Diode Lasers.

Hmmmm... all I see here is base line info that is useless to a knowledgeable laser enthusiast, seems I was asking a legitimate question that could help people about current information...

seems I was asking a legitimate question that could help people about current information...

No, you asked about cheap diodes. Save the Bullchit for your parents.

What you posted is only a small tid bit of info.

No one here is going to spoon feed you. Do your own research. Its not to tough to figure out who is selling diodes, and how much they are selling them for. Unless you are retarded, or just stupid, it should take you about 10 minutes.

BTW there are no 405nm 1W diodes on eBay. Do some more research so you know what you're talking about when asking a question.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr..._nkw=405nm+1W+diode&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Never mind I'm over it. If you two think it's useless it must be.

Well for starters post it in the right section...

It's about buying,selling also can involve trading for some... :thinking:

Ok this thread is for any one who rolls by in recent times looking to make nothing more than a burning laser.

What kind of diode is usually the cheapest around here?
Who here is selling the cheapest and most powerful laser diodes?
Also one ting I's sure is in the forums but changes by seller, whats up with those 1 watt 405 nm diodes on ebay that are like $10, any one know if there scams, if it's worth while, or if it will be a bad dealing with a japanese company just like Mohrenberg is dealing with right now? :eek:

I have can't find a 1w 405nm diode on ebay. Have you got a link?

Unless you are retarded, or just stupid, it should take you about 10 minutes.

BTW there are no 405nm 1W diodes on eBay. Do some more research so you know what you're talking about when asking a question.

My bad..
I do lots of research.
I guess I must just be dumb.
thanks for all the help tech.

Gata

Last I checked there was a section for Tutorials, Help, and Repairs. There you could have either looked around and not have even had to post this thread or posted your question there and gotten a bit warmer welcome, maybe.

Last I checked there was a section for Tutorials, Help, and Repairs. There you could have either looked around and not have even had to post this thread or posted your question there and gotten a bit warmer welcome, maybe.

sorry, this thread was posted because I cannot find it on the forums and I like to make info on the net easily accessible to people that have hard times finding this kind of stuff. I could add my own info but I wanted to let people here trying to make a buck add theres..

Sorry for the sloppy post. If it was deletable it would of been

Ill be sure to stick to reading the forum. Thought I could contribute to the forum.
I do my research.

Good day sirs