Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheaper blue laser pointers!!!

So many people have said they'd love to have a blue laser pointer but the prices are just too high :'(

Well Dragonlasers has just dropped the prices of our blue Aurora laser pointers and changed the power level grading to make them much more affordable.

Aurora Series 2mW $399.99
Aurora Series 5mW $549.99
Aurora Series 10mW $699.99
Aurora Series 20mW $999.99

http://dragonlasers.com/aurora

These prices also include the standard 6 month guarantee ;D

They are, especially through Pseudo!
$700 ish for a RPL blue 20 that averages 40mW and peaks at 80!

T

timelord

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1196335837]This Thread[/link]

T

timelord

Keep this on topic and no trash talking about members here...

gj dragonlasers, beat out laserglow's prices for the same lasers
but then you guys have got to start sending power graphs with your lasers
1minute per laser = a lot more business

Nice! The blues have gone pretty low in price, some time ago a 5mW green was as expensive as a blue.

Chief-Eamonn said:
i dunno the RPL's are still cheaper.. ::)
But this is a lot handier! :)

i dont think any 20mw blue rpl off pseudo averages 40mw, its more like under 25mw.
i got 1 off him which is great and he recorded 23mw average.
however im glad that LG dropped the prices of the blue's, atleast its affordable to some extent now for some customers.

ixfd64

Chief-Eamonn said:
i dunno the RPL's are still cheaper..  ::)

Yes, they are, and they got better specs, too.

Specs/laserBlue RPL-20Aurora-20
Price$929$999
Divergence<1 mrad<1.2 mrad
Beam diameter<1.3 mm1.5 mm
Transverse modeTEM[sub]00[/sub]Near TEM[sub]00[/sub]
Operating modeCWPulsed
Expected lifetime>80,000 hours>5,000 hours
Warranty1 year6 months

lol but they're two different kinds of lasers...

you wouldn't compare a viper125mW with an aries125mW...

too different, ones a pen, ones a baton :-?

I'll have an RPL Blue equivalent in 5mW for slightly more than the price of the Aurora 2mW in a few weeks. Just FYI - shameless plug.

anywhere near completing your site carter?
even if its a blank page with just what u have and prices that would still be cool
;D ;D

Chief-Eamonn said:
i dunno the RPL's are still cheaper.. ::)
Hi Chief,
Yes, the RPL blue lasers dropped in price a couple weeks ago due to our new partnership with Vaisho. The RPL blue also uses a more reliable and powerful diode than Viasho's "stock" blue portable, thus the 1 year warranty on the RPL series.

I was recently asked by two different customers to see about offering a lower priced (and lower power) blue so that they would be more affordable to everyone; so I took that as a personal challenge to bring an affordable blue laser to the masses.
I've asked Viasho about this and ithe RPL-blue 5mW is in the works and should be in stock within the next month. Our target price for the RPL Blue 5mW with average output of 5-8mW is $350 (with 1 year warranty). If buyers are not interested in the 1year warranty, I'll be able to have the 5mW made with the regular "stock" diode which will include a 6 month warranty at the price of ~$300. The lower cost "RPL 5mW value w/6mo warranty) version will not be delivered until sometime in January or early February depending on how well sales of the 5mW blue w/1-year warranty are.

Thanks
Jack

Chief-Eamonn said:
i dunno the RPL's are still cheaper..  ::)

Chief to use a corny expression, you are comparing apples to oranges.

The Aurora is a laser pointer with a weight of only 93g (unloaded) and a length of 15cm.

Small enough to fit comfortablly in your pocket and still leave room for mobile phone, keys, change, pepper spray, spare batteries...................