Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap up-to/over spec Green Laser?

SiphoN

I am interested in getting a 80~150mW green handheld laser. Are there any that sell below $80? Have been reading and comparing prices, but i do know that many companies sell lasers that are way underspec.
Basically, i just want to buy a legit green laser that can go 80~150mW hopefully after IR filter for <$80.
Pardon me if i have said anything wrong, i'm fairly new to this.
Thanks! :)

Oh, by the way, i am new. So, hello :p

jeffd

Welcome! O-like or rayfoss would probably be your best bet for a cheap up-to-spec green. Or you can take a gamble ordering a laser from dinodirect, focal price, etc. Also you can check around the bst section, though there arent too many low priced greens that show up often.

I ordered a 100mw green from dinodirect for $25 a few weeks ago. So it should arive soon, and I will test it on my lpm. I will post the link here once I review it.

SiphoN

Hey thanks for the response. Know of any specific laser that do good? I dont have too much funds to gamble with :/
Will be awaiting yoyr review! Thank you :)

jeffd

Any laser from o-like or rayfoss will most likely be up-to spec or very close. Last time I heard, they power check their lasers on a lpm.

If you order a laser from any of these large chinese vendor sites like deal extreme, dinodirect, focal price, etc I would reccomend buying a cheaper laser. Like the 100mw laser I bought, even if it only outputs 50mws I will be happy because I only spent $25 on it.

Of course you could also get a laser from a USA based company, Like optotronics, laserglow, etc. They are more expensive but their lasers will definately be up-to spec and very good quality. Also you wont have to wait over 2 weeks for your laser to get to you, unlike when ordering from an asian vendor.