Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap Safety Goggles -Uvex Review & official information

BLABLA

Uvex S1933X

31FC-p7fnHL.jpg

Review:Uvex S1933X

Uvex S0360X

11NUe8Km%2BRL.jpg

Review:Uvex S0360X

Official information:
provides protection by completely
absorbing visible light up to 540nm, SCT-Orange section-13

Meets ANSI Z87.1-2003 and CSA Z94.3 standards:
CSA Standard Z94.3-02
This standard relates to eye and face protectors for industrial and educational
processes. Hazards covered by the standard include: flying particles/objects,
heat/sparks, chemical splashes, molten metal, UV, visible and infrared radiation.
Hazards not addressed in the standard include: x-rays, gamma rays, high energy
particulate radiation, radio-active material, lasers or masers. The standard also outlines
the performance requirements tests but not comfort, service life or appearance.
ANSI Z87.1-2003

Where to buy:
Uvex-S1933X
Amazon
Ebay

Uvex S0360X
Amazon
Ebay

:drool:

PS: I think that because the green light range is 495-570 nm
And glasses provide a solution up to 540nm
They did not mention it in the Specifications
Which is why they wrote:
absorbing visible light up to 540nm,
which includes violet, blue and
Certain green wavelengths

Attachments

• uvex.png
    uvex.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 200
  • uvex2.png
    uvex2.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

kilter

Wait, are you the official distrubuter? Are you just linking others reviews? What is happening?

BLABLA

Wait, are you the official distrubuter? Are you just linking others reviews? What is happening?

yes
yes
I don't know.:thinking:

Seriously, those are good and cheap glasses
I thought is worth mentioning them again and with a little more information
Some official information

Hiemal

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Le Quack, I totally agree, I have three pair of the S0360X fit over style that I use when friends are over, they work just fine.
I use the S0360X style because anybody can use them, whether they wear prescription glasses or not.
As far as their build quality is concerned, they aren't built too much different than my Survivallasers pair, except you don't get a case to keep them in.

Nute

I can vouch for the Uvex glasses. I have a couple pair of them I purchased from Ebay, and they block ALL blue light. Also, nice to wear while staring at a computer screen for long periods of time!

Also, +rep BLABLA for promoting safety.

Last edited:

BLABLA

I can vouch for the Uvex glasses. I have a couple pair of them I purchased from Ebay, and they block ALL blue light. Also, nice to wear while staring at a computer screen for long periods of time!

Also, +rep BLABLA for promoting safety.

Thanks man I appreciate that :yh:

J53113

Ok. I read the long review. And according to the graph it seems like the dark Grey glasses would be best with 445nm wavelengths no?

Last edited:
1. Those tests by myself and other members were done quite a long time ago.

Manufacturing processes do change, and these goggles are not rated to use with lasers. You'll note while I like to them in my signature, they are labeled only as "better than nothing".

2. How is this a review? Will you be reviewing a Lamborghini next based on an article from Car & Driver magazine?

BLABLA

1. Those tests by myself and other members were done quite a long time ago.

Manufacturing processes do change, and these goggles are not rated to use with lasers. You'll note while I like to them in my signature, they are labeled only as "better than nothing".

2. How is this a review? Will you be reviewing a Lamborghini next based on an article from Car & Driver magazine?

1. If you do not trust the company's official specification why do you trust a specification of any other company?
2. The most important point that you missed is the safety of laser users!
And not the one who wrote the first review on this product!
You are just childish :mad:

Last edited:
The S0360X are also one of my 3 safety glasses and it says on the box they protect from UV and I can tell you they work good for 405nm up through 450nm. They are cheap too if you need extras to share your lasers with friends.

Alan

BLABLA

The S0360X are also one of my 3 safety glasses and it says on the box they protect from UV and I can tell you they work good for 405nm up through 450nm. They are cheap too if you need extras to share your lasers with friends.

Alan

Did you test them with green laser?
They should protect from green laser also!

1. If you do not trust the company's official specification why do you trust a specification of any other company?
2. The most important point that you missed is the safety of laser users!
And not the one who wrote the first review on this product!
You are just childish :mad:

The company in question does not intend to have these goggles used for the purposes of protection from laser light. As such the goggles are not tested to the same specification as would be required for laser safety.

For example, you can use a plate of steel, or dense wood, or just thick leather to protect yourself from bullets. It's better than nothing, but those materials are not something you would find used on body armor.

My goal is LASER SAFETY. That's why I'm concerned. What happens when some moron sees this post, decides NICE, I get's me some cheapo goggles, and they don't work? This is why I list them as the last possible option, and they should be considered as such.

Now how is it childish to call you out on not actually posting a review?

YOU HAVE REVIEWED NOTHING.

Just linked to manufacturer specs and the reviews of others. That is not a review.