Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap O-Like diode drivers; has anyone used them?

Last edited:

I've used that driver and it sucks. You have to modify it pretty significantly just to turn it on. I believe you have to hook up a resistor between 2 points on it and then it is able to be powered on.

I never did get mine working though.

strange thing at least.
the driver seems to be very good and very cheap. and I presume, that they know, what they sell. But nothing to find about them ...
I would like to use them with some blueray diodes, also from o-like. seems to go together but who knows ... looks like I have to test it myself.
christian

I meant, that the description fitted perfectly to my needs, as far as I could say this without having much experience.
o-like customer service told me now, they would work only for IR diodes.
but the TTL control is still a feature that I would like to have and can't find in many other drivers.
c.

This driver works OK, stock. But it won't produce more then 270mA.@2.3Vf
To boast the current up you have to solder a 10 Ohm resistor to the 110 ohm SM resistor already there.
This set-up will produce 420-440mA@3.4Vf,(with pot all the way up)
Back the Pot. down a little bit, to prevent losing contact with the wiper. The highest current I've felt safe running these at, using this safer method is 370mA.@3.0Vf
The pot. is very "unsettling" at any higher range.IE: current starts jumping around.
Using this driver with a LOC, in my opinion, will not harvest the full benefits of it.
Used with a 8-16X 650nm, it will be better suited.

Last edited:
So good if you know your stuff- not-so-good for those who have little experience modding these?-thus the varied opinions. thanks to all for the info. HZ