Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

cheap LPM

Arshus

Nice NO4!

That's an awesome case man. I like still being able to see the internals. Very nice work.

Thanks Tmack, I need to invest in a more upto date LPM tho lol. Or a beam-splitter :na:

Last edited:

ARG

Definitely get an Ophir based meter if you can afford it, I love the versatility.
Even though I have a coherent fieldmax I still prefer to use my own Rubicon with an Ophir to take readings. The freedom create my own hardware for the head to do exactly what I want it to do is the best part. :)

Last edited:

Bubbascrub

How do you go about testing? Focus to infinity of to a fine point at a foot? What is standard?

ARG

Focus as big as you can without any of the beam spilling over the sensor area.

Never focus to a fine point.

Zeebit

Should be a little zippier than that, for a 1W laser a 15x15mm TEC that budget LPM's use should have about a 40s 100% response time.

What is your estimate on the response time of a 6.6mmx8.3mm TEC with 6x6 junctions?

Oh okay why is that?
So that you spread the heat to all the junctions and to avoid burning the coating.

Last edited:

Arshus

Hey Arg: Has anyone else on LPF bought a rubicon? Those look like really nice meters.

-Sal

ARG

Hey Arg: Has anyone else on LPF bought a rubicon? Those look like really nice meters.

-Sal

Yup, lots of people have them now :)

Livinloud did a review on his.