Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Changing phases

Check out what I found in the junk bin at work!

phased.jpg

It's too bad it only takes S478, but it's damn impressive nonetheless.

I'm currently running a P4 2.8ghz at 3.6ghz with no problems at all.. It's completely stable, and it's running at -28 celsius. Yes, that's right. Negative twenty eight degrees celsius under full load.

Attachments

• phase1.JPG
    phase1.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 176
  • phase2.JPG
    phase2.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 167

what was this used for? where do you work?

Hopefully they wiped the memory. remember back in the day i had a sludge hammer and would smash my old comps up cause of my parents information they didint want people to get.

It's a phase-change CPU cooler, it's used for cooling processors below freezing. It works on the same principle as a refrigerator.

I work at a computer store, we always wipe customer's hard drives with DBAN before putting them in the scrap pile, so none of their personal information is readable. No need to smash with a sledge hammer, especially not the whole computer. Information is only stored on the hard drive, and once it's been written over a couple times with random data, no information is recoverable.

mfo

That's awesome. I wish I had something like that for my rig.

zaery

How much electricity does it devour? -28 degrees celsius is insane!

Playing around with an old 2.8ghz northwood p4, I've got it up to 4ghz stable now... I get the feeling if I was using a prescott core 3ghz I could probably get it close to 5ghz... The northwoods were never really the greatest overclockers.

Benm

WOW! At first i thought it was a refrigerator :D

Hehe.. it is.. you might as well shove your whole pc in the freezer.

Then again i suppose its more practical that keeping to throw liquid nitrogen on your cpu, though only slightly ;p