Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Change Has Not Come To Price Angels

udanis

Right now I’m a bit behind on my review, but this laser has had my attention for a while. I was able to test this laser a week or so ago on a Coherent Power Meter here at university. Here is my review of the “250mw Mini Flashlight Style Adjust Focus Blue-Violet Laser Pointer” from PriceAngels.com.

Shipping, Just as a reference I am based in the eastern united states. I placed the order for this laser on Saturday, 10/7/10. The package was delivered on 10/25/10. It was delivered in the typical bubble mailer.

I open the laser inside of the packaging there is a generic cr123 battery and the laser. I go and put the battery and and come to the realization that the laser has no polarity markings on the laser, in the packaging, or even on their website. I was eager to try this laser out because it actually came with a 250mw 532mw warning sticker on it, and “Green Laser Pointer” was printed on the box. So I turn it on and I see nothing. I then start to turn the focusing ring and a faint purple dot with a yellow outer ring appears. Kinda disappointed I change the battery it came with to a charged AW cell I had. No notice able difference was observed. Any distance above a foot or so the focused dot can’t be seen in a lighted room, making this laser not even capable of being used as a pointer.

About a week ago I was able to use the LPM they have at my school and the laser varies between 2-5mw. It starts out at five and within a few seconds it settles down to 2mw. Hmm That is less than 1% of the advertised power. :-/ I after I got the laser I opened a ticket on site. After sending about half a dozen pictures of the laser to them over the course of a week, I was offered a 14% refund or a $5 refund on a $35 laser.

I am not happy with how this worked out, and I have no plan of giving PriceAngels.com any business in the immediate future and I wouldn’t recommend them.

Images are compared to a “5mw” ebay 405nm pen laser.
ASVZ.jpg

ED64.jpg

HLDN.jpg

Well thanks for the warning bro, sorry you had to be the one to get burned. +1

udanis

Have you talk to John about this.???

Yes I did and his response was to open a ticket and that would resolve the issue. Appearently the resolution was a $5 refund.

Edit: Above was typed out on my phone, let me add some more detail. After I realized the laser wasn't working properly I contacted John. John said I should open a ticket, after sending a few emails back and forth, I got the whole ticket thing figured out.

Last edited:
I see.:thinking: Why dont you PM him what they said that they only offer you $5 bucks for the trouble. I am "Guessing" but i think he will take care of it for you. He has been very good.

Its worth a shot buddy. :)

Um, every green laser I've ever seen is case positive. Which means the negative goes towards the module.

Did you put the battery in correct?

Anyway, John tried to do the best he could, but I think it was to much for him. These lasers are very cheap, so I would not expect real specs. Kind of goes without saying. If you want an onspec laser, go to O-Like, ect, and pay 4 - 6 times the price. Its a no brainer.

udanis

Um, every green laser I've ever seen is case positive. Which means the negative goes towards the module.

Did you put the battery in correct?

Anyway, John tried to do the best he could, but I think it was to much for him. These lasers are very cheap, so I would not expect real specs. Kind of goes without saying. If you want an onspec laser, go to O-Like, ect, and pay 4 - 6 times the price. Its a no brainer.

I found a similar laser on another site and got the polarity from there, I've only ever put the batter in one direction. $31.74 Focusable Violet/Blue Beam Laser Pointer Pen Flashlight 50mW/100mW/150mW/200mW - BudgetGadgets.com

I figured I would give them a shot being that they were new and seemed to have good customer support.

It's 405nm but has a 532nm warning sticker on it. Thats quality right there!!!

Dave91

Wow that sucks I'm sorry for your loss :mad:
You should talk to John about it since a while back he said people would get a full refund if the product wasn't anywhere near the advertised spec.
Also when you buy from PriceAngels only buy the lasers John has tested the output himself or it's a high gamble.
The 50mW pen I bought from them is a good pen.

Benm

1% of advertised power has to be a new all-time-low. Just curious: how much current does it draw?

DJNY

Is it necessary to put a PA warning into your signature? :thinking:

You should talk to John.

well after about 10 messages on a PA ticket i got a full coupon code, with same value as the price i paid for the laser i bought on PA.

but the PA laser was a DOA, so i think it has been resolved well. but it was kinda strange. the employee didnt want to help me out with my DOA. But after talking with john about my ticket the employee was suddenly alot more eager to really help me with my problem.

John rocks. he just needs to tell his employees to have a bit more believe in their customers. test them for if its really defective but dont push it, thats bad.

keep sending messages and youl probaly get a coupon to.

(they offered me 5 dollar coupon first....i said i couldnt accept and i wanted a full 12 dollar coupon, then she gave it to me.) (the laser was 12,09 dollar i think, not sure about the cents)

so for me a plus for john.

Hello, udanis,
I'm really sorry for it. But this is the first time I heard about the 5$ coupon, could you tell me who do it for you?
tell me the name and your tickter NO , thanks.

sorry, it's all my fault

reliable john

ped

Any update on this?

It helps to keep the members informed here so we know who were dealing with.

udanis

Any update on this?

It helps to keep the members informed here so we know who were dealing with.

Nope, nothing new, I sent John a pm a few days back, never heard from him. I'm very disappointed.

that's more of a defective product than a normally underpowered chinese laser.
i would consider it DOA and get a refund or replacement...assuming you can get them to do that for you.