Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Caught some irresponsible laserists

Ok it was late last night and I thought I hadn't played about with my greenies outside for some time, so I popped the batteries in and went to the window (it was cold at 12am). To my surprise I was another green beam coming from the house opposite me, it actually is nice to see the beam from the opposite end for a change.

I continued playing about with mine, which they obviously noticed, and suddenly I get a nice bright flash of green in my face. Obviously I stepped back and turned mine off for a few seconds before going back to the window but even then I could see theirs hitting my window.

We both proved that we could see each other as I flashed my laser twice and they copied which sort of proves I know they were there. At that point i had enough and showed up their weak little 30mw with 100mw of green from a labby and my 75mw viper going through a diffraction lens. I think they must have gotten bored at that point as they cant see their beam through the 20 or so beams from me.

What I find alarming is they were using it inside their house (really obviously) with no eye protection with a dog running about. It's nice to have another laserist in the area but not if they are irresponsible because that means I can't go using mine outside if they start pointing at planes.

A walk across the road, brief introduction, safety warning, point them toward this site...job done.

Regards rog8811

diachi

andy_con said:
sh*t through their letter box! ;)

joking

Burning sh*t on their doorstep ;)

I say you buy a 1W labby and if they flash you , you stick your lasers goggles on and promptly return fire [smiley=evil.gif]

Jk .

Nah but you should go say something to them , and if they keep up get the police involved.

-Adam

Diachi said:
[quote author=andy_con link=1231068363/0#2 date=1231081168]sh*t through their letter box! ;)

joking

Burning sh*t on their doorstep  ;)

I say you buy a 1W labby and if they flash you , you stick your lasers goggles on and promptly return fire [smiley=evil.gif]

Jk .

Nah but you should go say something to them , and if they keep up get the police involved.  

-Adam[/quote]

Slightly complicated that, its to the back of my house. Our two back gardens back onto each other and are rather big to shout across... Plus funny enough I have lived here for a year now and I still have no idea what road it is opposite me, I have never been down there.

If I catch them pointing at planes or at my window again then I will say something.

They have no idea to the extent of my laser hobby. I can easily turn on 3 different colours and when its finally built turn on my scanner.

unfortunately pointing a laser in the sky around here is a bad idea as I live directly under a flight path :'(

if I catch someone doing something that stupid I won't get the police involved but I will definitely have a "nice" chat with them. if they even think of shining it at me (I doubt they will have much more than 30mW) I will just shine my laser towards them, close but not hitting them just to give them a nice scare (mines >120mW) I've had people shine it in my car thinking I will just keep going but if I know where they are I just slam on my brakes and stat chasing them if I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere :p it got the punk kids down the street to stop ;D

maxkillz said:
unfortunately pointing a laser in the sky around here is a bad idea as I live directly under a flight path  :'(

if I catch someone doing something that stupid I won't get the police involved but I will definitely have a "nice" chat with them. if they even think of shining it at me (I doubt they will have much more than 30mW) I will just shine my laser towards them, close but not hitting them just to give them a nice scare (mines >120mW) I've had people shine it in my car thinking I will just keep going but if I know where they are I just slam on my brakes and stat chasing them if I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere  :p it got the punk kids down the street to stop  ;D

Sort of the same here, if you got a map and drew a triangle from Stansted, Luton and London city I would be more or less in the middle of that triangle (slightly to the top more). Whenever I use my lasers outside I always check for any planes, if there are any I simply don't use it or keep it off until its out of harms way.

I did similar to them and pointed my 75mw in their direction. They were outside on the ground and I pointed mine just above them about half way up their house.

I think the 3rd time is the last straw and I have no idea what my reaction will be. I had a red laser pointed at me while I was on holiday, I was happily sitting by the pool with a beer and some kids outside of the hotel pointed a laser in the hotel grounds and hit my in the eye. Then last night makes it the second time someone else has hit me in the eye with one.

I haven't exploded on anyone yet but if someone hits me directly in the eye while I'm at home and I have a clear line of sight to them then they will have ~600mW of laser going to them (170 from labby 120 from hand held 250 from red ~100 from violet i am going to fix when my diodes come) maybe more :D I'm planning on buying a >1W green lab laser soon (few months) ;D

Well its a good thing you wear safety goggles, its too cold in New York for me to want to go out and play with my lasers. I have a viper 95 and a Dx 30, the viper is way to bright for indoor use( I'll be selling it soon).

I only know of one other person who has a high powered laser in my area. well two... there's this one girl in my school who brought in a ~100mW green and started shining it around in her class but idk who she is.

it sounds like you have an abundance of people who don't think before acting around you.

bobobob121 said:
well i say buy a blu-ray and confuse him haha

I haven't gotten around to building my blue ray yet, I just have the diode sitting on my desk. My red died in 2 hours of finishing it so im trying to repair that before I start.

welcome to the club.. lol i just got my blu-ray repaired and recently my red burner also took a dump so looks like ima have to talk to diagun to help me out a little = D

bobobob121 said:
welcome to the club.. lol i just got my blu-ray repaired and recently my red burner also took a dump so looks like ima have to talk to diagun to help me out a little = D

Haha, it was actually the driver that died on my red :eek:

maxkillz said:
unfortunately pointing a laser in the sky around here is a bad idea as I live directly under a flight path  :'(

if I catch someone doing something that stupid I won't get the police involved but I will definitely have a "nice" chat with them. if they even think of shining it at me (I doubt they will have much more than 30mW) I will just shine my laser towards them, close but not hitting them just to give them a nice scare (mines >120mW) I've had people shine it in my car thinking I will just keep going but if I know where they are I just slam on my brakes and stat chasing them if I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere  :p it got the punk kids down the street to stop  ;D

:( i live under a flight path too, the worst one!, i live in Windsor, MO, about fifteen minutes from whiteman airforce base (stealth bombers home base), so i constantly have stealth bombers and A-10's flying over me.

hmm, well i couldn't tell you what has burned out in mine because i can never get it open.

bobobob121 said:
hmm, well i couldn't tell you what has burned out in mine because i can never get it open.

Haha I was convinced the diode died in mine until I quickly touched the diode pins with a battery and it worked. I need to get enough money to get a new driver now...

Forgot to mention I still havent finished building my scanner. So thats 3 different builds going at once here.