Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Cash on delivery" Lazerer

I'm in the process of placing an order with Lazerer, and my only payment option is "cash on delivery". What does that mean? Is it a poor translation from Chinese to English?

I'm in the process of placing an order with Lazerer, and my only payment option is "cash on delivery". What does that mean? Is it a poor translation from Chinese to English?

Wow. I really feel old. Google C.O.D. it used to be a fairly common payment option long ago and it means exactly what it sounds like.

I am surprised that this is one of the options they are using though...

I am having the same problem. On the main page, they said they took down the paypal option and that credit card payment will be up later. I just contacted them and they have not responded yet.

Last edited:
Wow. I really feel old. Google C.O.D. it used to be a fairly common payment option long ago and it means exactly what it sounds like.

I am surprised that this is one of the options they are using though...

I pay by cash all the time, but not when ordering things through the mail from China. That's what I meant, this isn't a pizza delivery service, what's going on here? I thought maybe they did a poor translation and meant pay by credit, or pay and choose delivery, no idea, it's just odd.

Last edited:
I pay by cash all the time, but not when ordering things through the mail from China. That's what I meant, this isn't a pizza delivery service, what's going on here? I thought maybe they did a poor translation and meant pay by credit, or pay and choose delivery, no idea, it's just odd.

Sorry BP. I just took it to be a sign of the times, other then pizza no one really uses that method anymore. So i really thought you might not have heard the term before.

I'm sure it's some kind of mixup, but some shippers still do COD orders. UPS is the one example I know of, so it's quite possible it's a valid option. Not sure if any of the other major shipping companies do.