Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cant seem to unscrew aixiz laser module

Is there a certain way to do it? Like do i twist the long piece left or right? its just stuck. it doesnt unscrew like Kenom's does in that video he made. i really dont get it. any help would be fine. thanks. im also very new to this stuff.

I think they put a tad of Loctite or something in it. Once you do it, its easy. I put two rubber bands around mine to prevent scratched, then put it in a vice and took some pliers to it. Would have been even easier with two sets of pliers.

The inside has a chip with all the regulating circuitry, coated in a rubbery material; its not paste, its hard. Fooled me at first :D

Good luck with your mod!

Kenom

did you purchase the module directly from Aixiz? Have you tried the block method? (drill a hole in a peice of wood. cut wood in half directly through the hole and use the wood pieces to hold the module in a vice. Now that it's held in place you can apply more force to twisting it.)

I always inspect things first before trying to tear into it. Maybe your turning the wrong direction! righty tighty lefty loosy does apply to the module. Heck show us some pictures and draw on the picture where your trying to unscrew.

Will do everything I can to help you get er done without damaging it.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have purchased it directly from Aixiz. No I haven't tried the block method right now. But I have tried using pliers and it didn't even budge. However I did give it to my dad because he knows someone at his work that could probably get it open. I''ll try to get pictures whenever I get it back hopefully today. Thanks.

Yeah you have to use a lot of force to get one open. I had my dad do it for me lol.

OOHH! my dad just called me! His worker guy got it open! Whoo now I can finish this thing! Haha lol. I have a dvd burner ripped apart just waiting for it! Well thanks for the help Kenom and Xenodius! much appreciated. My dad told me that he had to use a vice to open it. So now is it going to open very easily after now? Oh yea and i haven't got the diode out yet but im kinda stuck on how to get it out. because it seems its not held down by screws or anything. it looks like some white hard stuff. ill take a pic and show u guys if you can help

Attachments

• Laser_front.jpg
    Laser_front.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 136
S

SenKat

You need to GENTLY tap it out of there after you remove that glue stuff....you place a small wooden dowel on the tip of the diode - carefully ensure that it is centered, then tap gently, so it backs the diode out of its' heatsink....if you try to rush this part, your diode will die FAST...if you tap too hard, your diode may not ever light up.  gentle touch here is what is required...OR you can use a pair of snips, and carefully "bite" away the heatsink until the diode is loose.  That is somewhat safer that way - another way (a little more dangerous) is to use a dremel tool to cut away the heat sink -again, take your time
don't rush it unless you have 30 of those little guys waiting in line to be killed ! LOL !!!!

Kenom

OOOh. those look like very nice diodes. Nice long pins. If you have watched my movies when it comes to removing the diode from the heatsinks you know that a pair of side cutting wire dikes works wonders for "nibbling" away at the heatsink. I particularly would use a small knife to cut away at the glue that is holding that in place or cut away at it with my dikes. another option I use is to pry between the spaces where the glue is and apply a small amount of force to pop it loose.

I've circled in your picture where the weak spots are that you can insert a small flat blade screwdriver to wedge it apart. BE VERY GENTLE

Attachments

• Laser_side_001.jpg
    Laser_side_001.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 127

Kenom

what drive did you pull this from? make and model please. I will add it to my list of usable drives.

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to try those ideas. As for the model, it is a Memorex MRX-525G 18x Dvd+-RW burner.

*UPDATE* I just took out the laser diode with the heatsink still on it. Now I just need to take the diode out of the heatsink.

Gazoo

phukudmss said:
Thanks for the tips! I'm going to try those ideas. As for the model, it is a Memorex MRX-525G 18x Dvd+-RW burner.

*UPDATE* I just took out the laser diode with the heatsink still on it. Now I just need to take the diode out of the heatsink.

Keep us updated bud. That assembly looks very similar to a BenQ 1625 I tore apart a few days ago. I found it very easy to get as far as you are now. I used a pair of wire cutters and carefully cut at the heat sink until the diode fell out. I am happy with the diode. I think I am getting around 100mw out of it. Fortunately, I haven't fried it yet..lol

As of right now I have the diode with the heatsink. I'm gonna attach a picture of it. But the thing I'm confused on is taking the diode out. I have a messed up diode with its heatsink on it so I guess I'll practice on that so i know what I'm doing.

Attachments

• diode_front.jpg
    diode_front.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 166

Gazoo

If you can take a wire cutter and snip the heat sink up to where the diode is, then the diode will be easy to remove.

Yeah thats what I'm doing right now lol.

Man its pissing me off! I don't know how u guys did it so fast lol. Is there another way?? I still cant get it out.

That's how I crack those eggs !! I use side cutters, dikes, snippers -- whatever to carefully nibble the soft casting away. You will find the weak spot and the LD will be FREE !!! YEH !!!If it has not got a full housing with window, be careful. I got one and it is my most powerful RED !!

Mike