Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can't focus to Infinity! I could before! Help appreciated!

Hi

This is my Green 200mw Laser.

Power Rock Green laser Torch 200mW /Focusable&Waterproof [OLPRGL200] - $132.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

However, i cannot focus to a very small infinity dot!

Before, i could. When screwed totally in, it would be wide, then i'd screw out the focusable bit & it would get smaller to a dot, then get wider! Now, the smallest i can get is not small!

I would like to have the smallest dot when totally screwed in but anything would be good now!

Help Appreciated!

You need to take off the top of the host that has the collimating, and just adjust it a little. It most likely loose. Not a big problem at all.

Last edited:
Thanks, i seen this video before.

How can adjusting the lense without the end glass piece in do anything as he then removes it again, which i would have thought messes it all up again or does the end adjustment turn separately when attacking from the front as opposed to the back.

Also, does he screw the end piece all the way in before adjustment to give infinity focus when fully screwed in?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks, i did this, but when i took the lense out to replace the end glass, it shifted a little! Locktight needed!

I am waiting for night to get a good fine beam. Would it mean that when focused out, the beam would be hugely wide?

The goal is to generally have it set to infinity when screwed all the way in, and a wide very divergent beam when the focus adapter is screwed out.

I'm not really sure what you mean by when you say "Would it mean that when focused out, the beam would be hugely wide?" since that depends completely on how you leave the lens within the focus adapter.

When night comes, play around with adjusting the lens, and set it to the way you like it. Easiest way to focus to infinity is to put on a pair of goggles, and focus to the smallest dot you can at a distance. Generally ~25 feet is far enough.

Hi

I mean that if when the end is screwed all the way in & thats infinity, when screwed out, will display a hugely wide dot/beam!

I'll have a play later when dark.