Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can't decide witch one should i buy

THIS or THAT?

Can u guys tell me witch one is more powerful, and witch should i get since i am new to lasers and this is my first high power laser and another important question: can those lasers burn matches or thin plastic?

Ciaran

They are both exactly the same (if you are going by the advertised power level). They're also the same wavelength of light, so I HIGHLY suggest you go with this one:
LZPL - 650nm 200mW Focusable Red Laser Pointer Waterproof
Why? Because it's WATERPROOF, and FOCUSABLE, whereas the other laser has the same specs, minus the waterproof ability, and the ability to focus.

Ok, thank u for quick reply but i got 1 more question. Is that laser able to bur matches or make holes in thin plastic?

Ciaran

It's fine! Also, yes, a 200mW laser should be able to set matches alight, and burn through thin plastic.

Ciaran

However, remember that batteries and chargers are NOT included, and just to make you aware, the one that I recommended isn't actually in stock right now. You might want to email them, and ask them when they will have it in stock though, because that looks like a neat little laser!

Definitely make sure that whatever one you decide to buy includes batteries and a charger, or that you order them separately if they are not included.

My friend purchased one that did not include a charger, so had to wait 3 weeks for the charger to arrive before he could properly use his laser. :yabbem: