Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can't believe what AixiZ did!

Ok so I recently purchased 3 lenses from AixiZ and was waiting for a few days. I'll go ahead and make a short story longer since I have nothing better to do right now. After I completed my third and last build of 2014, in November I purchased a host from Ed Crouse after he lowered the price when it had been for sale for quite some time, it's my best host yet! Anyway I don't have much money so it wasn't until January that I started buying the additional parts for my next build. One thing I bought was 3 of those newer single element lenses AixiZ is selling that they are comparing to a G2, I bought 3 because I have a laser with a 3 element and one with an acrylic and thought I would try these and see if they are better, or I can keep one as a spare and use one on my next build or whatever. Well I live in a remote area on tribal land with no mail delivery. Approximately every two weeks I do laundry and empty garbage and recycling and check my mail, yes there is no garbage pick up either and no wired phone service or cable TV. I am using Verizon wireless and paying for data as I type this. So on Friday I go as usual to do these things, the garbage and recycle is on the way to the laundry and the P.O. is across the parking area from the laundry, it's not a USPS post office but a private mailbox business. Last time I had checked the mail I was disappointed I had nothing from AixiZ but I had missed it by probably only one day, on Friday when checking the mail I find not one but two padded envelopes from AixiZ :wtf: 3 lenses should be in only one envelope. I open one and it has a letter in it that says the lenses I ordered are in back order for up to two weeks so here are 3 AR coated lens for 380-455nm free of charge, we will ship the others when we have them. These are 3 of the normal 3 element glass lenses for free! I only spent $24 + $2.75 shipping = $26.75. I then open the other envelope to find the 3 single element lenses I ordered. Now any other business would just make you wait until they have it in stock again. AixiZ must want satisfied customers, I had only purchased one item from them before with no problems. Now they sent me something additional that costs slightly more than what I ordered for free so I got double my money's worth. I will probably be buying from them again. :thanks: AixiZ

Alan

pretty cool of them. I got some of those a while back as well, the price is great compared to DTR's g lens. my only complaint was every single one needed cleaning. they all were very noticably dirty wheras I have gotten flawless lenses for the most part from DTR. ( I HATE spots on my defocused dot) still, they're pretty easy to clean, and the power is identical to DTR's g lenses

sorry you pay for data like that with your internet situation, bummer.

If you dont want the AR coated 3 elements, I suppose I'll take 'em:na:

Last edited:
Hi funny you brought this up. They did the same to me first the letter stating the situation then sent me 2 other lens to hold me over. For free until the G2's were in stock. Now that's one company that's worth my business.

Pman

Len will certainly be glad to hear this.
I need to contact them ad I'm not sure where to get lens holders that are meant to hold the lenses I received from them that are only 1/2 threaded on the outside. Same ones or ones just them came from O-Like I believe. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

My mail has been really bad lately. I keep having things sent first class and the city that gets the mail (Rochester) and sorts it all first before then sending out to the smaller cities around it keeps sending their deliveries late and later so when it arrives at my local post office where the mail gets sorted and sent out they only process some of it before delivering making 1/2 to 2/3 of the mail a day later. Seems stupid to complain about it considering our situation is ridiculous but I still want to get to the bottom of it.

Hip man, it's Rich I purchased just the holders and the securing thread to hold down the lens. Got them from Aixiz and there threaded all the way like a G2 or a 3 element. Is that what your talking about. That's the picture I'm getting.

AixiZ was selling lens holders, I remember seeing them on the site but now I don't see them or find them in a search. I know DTR sells lens holders. Pman am not sure what your talking about with the 1/2 threaded on the outside, I don't remember seeing those before.

About the mail, it's probably due to budget cuts, they may have a couple of less people working there now. The USPS is loosing money, this may become common everywhere.

Alan