Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can we start a new forum section for Fraud?

Add Fraud or some similar section to the forum.

• YES

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • NO

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
I am sick and tired of reading how people saying who screwed who in threads where they should be posted at all. We need a section for complaints only.:)
EDIT
Trades Feedback / Dispute Resolution

Last edited:

iskor that is why i created the "let out your aggression thread" that is now stickied...:whistle:

iskor that is why i created the "let out your aggression thread" that is now stickied...:whistle:

LOL....I know, but people doen't use it like they should. I am just getting tired of seeing threads being taken over by people who have a ligit argument going on, but it doesn't have anything to do with the actual thread. There needs to be a designated spot for all of this BS. It gets rather annoying trying to filter through some of the threads on here and it only seems to be getting worse.

k1kb0t

Good idea, then all the complaint threads are in one place and other threads aren't hijacked.

Jon

Jaseth

I have just proposed this idea to c0ld and pointed him to this thread, IMO it's a great idea so we keep the rest of the forum clean but have a clearly available place to check if a person we are dealing with has been involved in previous fraud.

well unfortunately there will always be hijakers or else there wouldn't be a name for it in the first place. LoL.

I don't agree. I'd prefer single threads being created over time than a whole section. Not only does it affect our image as a forum but also it'd be rendered useless over time as people would just post their complaint in several threads (regarding the seller/buyer) as it regularly happens in most sections (or in the general section).

This should have been posted as a poll but it wasn't :thinking:

If it was I'd vote "no", we can post our opinion in any thread at any time here. This is not a moderated forum. :whistle:

I agree with niko and SC... If your not happy about a deal or transaction....
Then open a Thread and post your opinion...
But I think some punishment or negative feedback is required for members that
deliberately try to destroy non-complaint Threads...

Jerry

Jaseth

Indeed Jerry.. because people usually stop when you ask them to, but then moments later they are trashing some other thread with their argument. It really isn't all that difficult to take it to the PM's or just create a new thread with the purpose of sorting out the conflict. IMO we need a stricter policy on keeping rediculous fights about unrelated things out of threads.

I think the main idea with the specific section for it would be that it would be VERY clear that conflicts in other threads are unwanted and out of place, and people would know exactly where to complain instead of trashing or creating new threads in the general, reviews, companies and B/S/T sections.
However I can see how having to create a whole section purely for fights and fraud would seem like the forum is full of scammers and hotheads.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
if there anyone in particular that should be banned and enough ppl agree just PM me

temporary bans for obnoxious behavior are always possible if enough ppl think it is good idea

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
if u guys make a poll about adding a new section and enough ppl want it we can do it..

for example Trades Feedback / Dispute Resolution.. idk something for positive than just Fraud Lolz

i am very open to suggestions what u all want

"Face piles of trials with smiles :) It riles them to believe that you percieve the web they weave."
If people would ignore the trash, it will be swept away with time. Ignore the garbage on the web.

Mike

Be conservative --- Smaller government.......

Last edited:
Make a Group for people who go ripped off and why. This way you can moderate it and delete any nonsense.