Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can we increase the duty cycle ?

instead of changing the host why don't you just buy a laser module and host separately ? It would probably be much cheaper.

sinner

You want duty cycle.. go for Jayrobs kits, they have bigger heatsinks and are a work of art.. they are amazing.. and buy a separate laser module..

Blade

how about a universal liquid CO2 cooled handheld laser heatsink!... beat that Laserglow!

i wish... lol

anyway, i have heard that jayrobs kits are really good, so thats probably the way to go.

The only way to increase duty cycle in that same host is turn the laser down.

However if you dont know what you are doing then you can damage something.

You can send the laser to a member on the forum to do it for you for a small Fee.:)

Flaminpyro is really go with fixing up lasers so shoot him a PM:

Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers - View Profile: Flaminpyro

he can turn it down to mtch the duty cycle you are looking for.

He can also put the module in a different host for you.:beer: More of a custom host or even if possible might be able to make a better heatsink for the laser so you dont have to change out hosts.:cool:

Benm

I would suggest against turning the module down, unless you're just on the edge of CW operation (like 90% on, 10% off) for safe operating temperature.

The problem is that the heat is generated mainly by the pump diode, and turning that down, say, 30%, would result in a much bigger drop in green output since the doubling process is nonlinear. By the time you turn down the pump diode current by 50% little or no green light will be produced from most lasers.

The only viable way to increase duty cycle is better heatsinking, and for all practical purposes this means using a bigger host.

Well he wont have any other choose if he wants to keep it in the same host.

I have this same laser but the 100mW version. It does ~120mW stable and 1 minute on off duty cycles work fine.

Not knowing what his laser is putting out but lets say its 150mW turning it down to where my laser is will make it not as bright s before sure by a little but will increase his duty cycles.

I just dont see how he is only getting 30 seconds. Ive ran mine for a Pretty long time quit a few times with the host never reaching anywhere close to Hot but just warm.

maybe there is a problem with the laser.

OP what are you noticing at the end of the 30 sec.?

Last edited:
I suspect no testing is done to determine duty cycle for these. As long as the casing doesn't get hot, I see no reason why you couldn't leave it on forever.